We stayed at the Hotel Continental as a last minute trip out of London - it was the only place available at short notice and it's easy to see why. Our room, though clean, badly needed redecorating and the toilet was broken and permanently running.
We thought our check out was 12pm (it wasn't clearly specified) so had a leisurely morning. At 11am the hotel staff started banging on the door shouting & telling us to get out immediately without any prior warning. The man kept trying to come into the room even though I wasn't dressed. We asked for 10 minutes to quickly get ready as we didn't realise check out was 11 but they continued to keep phoning the room and banging on the door rushing us to get out. None of the other rooms on our floor had been cleaned yet so there was no need to hurry us and the way they went about it was extremely rude. We've stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world and never experienced rudeness like that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Continental is the only hotel in Whitstable that enjoys a seafront location within 5 mins walk of the centre of the town. The rooms are currently undergoing a major refurbishment so be sure to ask reception for details. We also manage the very popular Fisherman's Huts accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Continental Hotel Whitstable
- Hotel Continental Whitstable, Kent