We had worried a bit about the Hotel Continental due to other TripAdvisor reviews, but this was wonderful! Clean, good bed, great balcony, real blankets with good quality sheets, good towels. Great wheat beer in the bar. The view is to die for: most hotels with these features cost way up into three figures. What don't you get for your £75? You don't get escorted to your room. You don't get bowing and scraping, modam, but you do get a friendly and helpful response to your friendly questions. You get a hook on a wall for your clothes, so it's not great for long stays (they have fishermen's huts for long stays that I haven't tried). You get a rather substandard breakfast set out like school dinners, with an overdry, burnt, black pudding, better sausages and bacon than you'd expect from a hot tray, and an edible egg. (In future, I'm sticking with coffee, juice and toast). You will have to check out at ten, like any other English hotel (sheesh). These people get everything important right at a good price. I'm coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Continental is the only hotel in Whitstable that enjoys a seafront location within 5 mins walk of the centre of the town. The rooms are currently undergoing a major refurbishment so be sure to ask reception for details. We also manage the very popular Fisherman's Huts accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Continental Hotel Whitstable
- Hotel Continental Whitstable, Kent