We are just driving back from a night's stay at this hotel. We have had many enjoyable stays at this hotel in the past but sadly after yesterday's visit we will never return. Our arrival was soured by the rude and unsympathetic receptionist, who, when told that we had to cancel a room due to our colleague's father suffering a serious stroke, suggested we were probably lying. Wholly unsympathetic, we were appalled and still cannot believe it. We were told our only recourse was to simply put it in an email!
We had the misfortune to encounter the same receptionist serving in the hotel bar later, who promptly shut the bar at 12 and told everyone they should take their drinks to their rooms rather than sit in the lounge!!
Overall, standards in terms of customer service were beyond dreadful. No doubt as a result of leaving what can only be described as young people with a serious attitude problem to basically run the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Continental is the only hotel in Whitstable that enjoys a seafront location within 5 mins walk of the centre of the town. The rooms are currently undergoing a major refurbishment so be sure to ask reception for details. We also manage the very popular Fisherman's Huts accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Continental Hotel Whitstable
- Hotel Continental Whitstable, Kent