“very good”
other travellers have booked this property
The Bakehouse Comfortable Sleeping Area
The Bakehouse
Comfortable Sleeping Area
Luxury Kingsize Bed
Everything you require
Relax on the leather sofas
Flat Screen TV
Kitchen & Dining Area
Suntrap Decking Area
Fantastic Sunsets on Whitstable Beach
Whitstable Fisherman Huts
Whitstable Castle
The Sea Forts
Sunset
Summer fun jumping from the groins
A lovely July evening
July sunset at East Quay
Sunset in August from East Quay
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

627chris
Evesham, United Kingdom
“very good”
Reviewed 24 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Everything you could need in self catering, plenty of restaurants nearby.
Would recommend to anyone. My first visit to this town since 1980, it has prospered since the oysters became much more plentiful.
I would say that parking particularly on a Friday/Saturday.
Transport links god however.

Your age range 65+
26 May 2017
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased you enjoyed your nostalgic trip and The Bakehouse Whitstable. Should you return we hope you choose to stay with us again.
edjlang
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect seaside break home-from-home”
Reviewed 15 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

I booked The Bakehouse for a two-night weekend break knowing nothing about Whitstable. The Bakehouse was perfectly situated right in the middle of town, with plenty of pubs, bars, restaurants and activities within a few minutes walk.

Virginia was really flexible with timings, key pick up etc and provided some really helpful tips for things to do.

The accommodation was extremely well equipped, a high-standard, I can't think of anything that would improve it. I'd definitely book again when I'm back in town, highly recommended.

17 May 2017
Thanks you for taking time to leave a review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back anytime.
El_Mago_B...
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable hideaway right in the heart of Whitstable”
Reviewed 8 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The place is right in the middle of Whitstable and yet hidden away far enough from any noise and the slightly hectic nature of the busy seaside town. It is very tidy and well equipped. Virginia was easy to communicate with and very helpful. All in all, very good.

9 May 2017
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll return.
Mrs Vesna...
“Very cosy holiday rental, perfect for a weekend getaway”
Reviewed 3 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The location of The Bakehouse is superb, tucked away just off the high street it meant that we could reach the beach, shops, pubs and restaurants in seconds and most importantly didn't have to get a cab home! Even though it's in the middle of things it feels very secluded there and peaceful too. My only complaint was that the wifi didn't have a strong enough signal. Other than that I must say the owner Virginia bent over backwards to help me with recommendations and my partner and I had two memorable meals out, one at JoJos in Herne Bay and one at Samphire. The bakehouse has a lovely private deck and I am only sorry it was too chilly to eat outside. However, we were very happy cooking fresh scallops indoors. The kitchen is well equipped for self-catering. I liked the nautical themed soft furnishings which all felt very fresh and modern and the the bed was very comfy. All in all a perfect weekend getaway!

Your age range 35-49
5 May 2017
We are pleased you had a wonderful stay and hope you'll return.
Lynne7413
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Just lovely”
Reviewed 23 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary weekend and had a lovely time. The accommodation is clean, modern, comfortable and in a great location.

Champs Bakery (which is right next to the property) is great for breakfast/lunch.

The property is right near a bus stop which goes to Canterbury or Herne Bay so we didn't use our car at a whilst away.

The host is friendly, helpful and really quick to respond to any questions.

All in all just fab, which is why I gave 5 *

Your age range 35-49
28 Mar 2017
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back.
Chloe H
“Lovely, clean stay, in a great location”
Reviewed 15 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I booked the Bakehouse as a last minute weekend away. Before arriving, Virginia gave us clear directions, recommendations of where to go/eat in Whistable and information about checking in and out - a great host! The Bakehouse was extremely clean, well-equipped and in a great location- just a couple of minutes walk away from both the beach and the high street. Perfect for a couple's short getaway. Would definitely recommend to a friend, and might even return in the summer! (Would also recommend Samphire, a restaurant just a along the high street!)

17 Feb 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
al777Lond...
London
“Lovely place to stay”
Reviewed 9 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We stayed at the Bakehouse between Christmas and NYE.

Loved the Bakehouse. Had a big , comfortable bed, two sofas to relax on and everything you'd want in a home away from home.

There is a great Wetherspoons( a sentence I never thought I'd write) opposite. We ate at Samphire, Wheelers and the Pearsons Arms. Chocolate pudding at Wheelers still has me licking my lips!

We will be back to Whitstable - and aim to stay at the Bakehouse again.

10 Jan 2017
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Bakehouse along with some of the wonderful restaurants of Whitstable. We look forward to welcoming you back when I'm sure you'll be trying some of the other restaurants.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing