“Quirky little tearoom”
Review of M & P Tearooms - CLOSED

M & P Tearooms
Price range: US$5 - US$7
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a family run business. We serve breakfasts from 9am including gluten free and veggie. We serve lunches - 2 courses - for £5.99. We have a large delicatessen and cheese counter. Afternoon teas are available. We are a licensed premises.
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Visited today with a friend after I saw the reviews on here. Have to say the lady who served us was fab, she couldn't do enough to help and was dashing about with a big smile on her face and is the type of person you want to be friends with because she came across so entertaining. We both had a sandwich and a drink. Bread was lovely and fresh and was a good price. My friend and I both agreed how yummy it was. The only thing I would have liked was cooked onions in my sandwich but was told that wasn't possible, but that was only a minor thing. Menu looks very good and I sat watching a lady eating a strawberry and raspberry crumble with custard that looked delicious and I was very disappointed im on yet another diet otherwise I would have that as well. Would definitely go back if I was looking for somewhere to have a lunch.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We've been going went into the Tearoom since Mandy opened it a year or so ago. At the back of a great Fruit & Veg shop, the Tearoom offers very good value for money, with 2 course lunch specials, as well as the standard sandwiches / baguettes & jacket potatoes.

All of the staff are friendly & there's even a speciality chees counter to browse after you've eaten lunch

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Visited the little cafe at the back of the fruit and veg shop in Tankerton today, with a group of friends. Have bought many things from the shop in the past (including a lovely fruit basket at Christmas) but had not been into the cafe before. We had a cheese-and-biscuit platter (many unusual cheeses, which can be bought from the shop) with two bottles of wine, salad, bread, tomatoes, olives, and home-made couscous-stuffed peppers. It was all delicious, and lovely Mandy and her assistant couldn't do enough for us. Very reasonable too in cost - we will be back. Look for the large teapot sign on the forecourt. There is also a sun-trap table area in the back garden.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This wonderful discovery is located at the back of the M @P Fruit and Veg shop on Tankerton High street - there are signs outside the store - BUT if you dont venture in you wont find out what a great little eating place this is - right at the back of the store the owners have a cracking cheese counter and also a dining area with outside terrace.

The food is excellent and all cooked to order freshly with local sourced quality ingredients, I had the king breakfast on our visit last week and was the best fry up I have ever had, eggs, bacon, sausage all locally sourced and freshly cooked by the owner Mandy - the staff were are all charming and it was a pleasure to eat there.

As we were leaving stuffed... the daily lunch special was being chalked up on the board and consisted of home made beef bourguignon followed by Rhubarb crumble - I was temped to sit back down again and wait for lunch !

In short.. a great find tucked away on Tankerton High Street with top quality home prepared and cooked food and at good prices - what's not to like ??

2  Thank Mark N
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We needed to feed our 4yr old, but didn't want the usual kids meals of the pubs etc. The staff were extremely friendly and the menu was full of homemade simple dishes. My daughter had a cheese sandwich, but cut into stars and hearts, which came with apple wedges, cucumber and carrot sticks and baby toms, and a glass of squash, all for 90p!

We had the days special which was fisherman s pie and salad, then apricot pie and cream and a drink. This time £5.95 a head. The food was delicious, freshly made and served in a very relaxed atmosphere.

When we are next in the area we will most defiantly go back.