“Just OK”

Premier Inn Whitstable Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Whitstable
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This was our first experience of a Premier Inn and we spent two nights there while visiting friends in the area. The room was clean and spacious but we had trouble with the handbasin plug that wouldn't release. The male receptionist came up and managed to prise it open with some tools and admitted that it had been a problem before (which was obvious with the scratch marks on it). I am a light sleeper and was worried that the traffic noise would disturb me but fortunately it did not. I'm not sure whether it is a usual thing for Premier Inns but I did find it strange that there wasn't a phone in the room. Fortunately the female receptionist was very helpful and let me ring my friend from the front office. If I needed to return to Whitstable I would consider going back to the Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 October 2012

fine for a cheap place to stay but just don't except the reception staff to have any level of competence. the rooms are clean tidy and well kept. value for money in that sense. horrific reception experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RJ1111
Reviewed 9 October 2012

i can't recommend this premier inn enough! the staff were helpful in every respect, for example they advised me to pretend i was younger so i could get a free breakfast at the beefeater next door, they gave us extra glasses etc and have been friendly and attentive in general. Our room was also very clean and comfortable and it was just a lovely stay :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Only stayed here for the one night - and to be honest like most Premier Inns this Hotel is geared up more for overnight stays than a week away in the sun. Hotel is set next to the main road, about 1.5 miles outside of Whitstable - it's more of a short drive than a long walk though!!
Hotel staff very polite and helpful, and the rooms are what you expect nowadays from Premier IInn - very basic, but also very comfortable. large bed & everything you need.
Had a lovely sleep, hardly any noise from the road as it it set quite a way back behind the Restaurant - this is where breakfast is served....but we stayed room only so can't comment on this. Overall, very nice & if we were back in Whitstable we'd probably stay here again.

Room Tip: To be honest I think they are probably all the same!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Sadly I have to report that this Premier Inn was lacking in a couple of areas, which is unusual for Premier Inns. The hand wash dispenser did not function and we did report this on arrival but had no comeback nor a repair of said dispenser. The bathroom fan was excessively noisy.....so quite disturbing when bathroom used during the night. The shaver light in the bathroom was so dim really quite impossible to see to shave or put on makeup. There was no decaf coffee sachets in the room but after requesting some we were given several!
I would stay here again, but perhaps ask not to stay in room 21!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

Well another two weeks go by an work has taken me to a fair few low end hotels. This inn has free wifi parking and is easy to find. the cab into whistable proper is £3-4. Rooms are clean and well appointed for the price. Bed was comfy. Plenty of power points. I didn't go to the attached pub rather the real pubs and restaurants in whitstable worth a trip. Especially the converted cinema "Peter Cushing" art deco and yes it a Weatherspoons but don't let that cloud your judgement

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My second Premier Inn in a row. First one in Essex better than this one. I had to wait for a long time to get a ground floor room (heavy suitcase!). Room pretty much the same as every Premier Inn although the bathroom needed updating - what is wrong with bathrooms in the UK where they have one tap for hot water and one for cold water? I can never figure that out! Another sleepless night due to a fire alarm caused by a resident then my jet lag kicked in so I was wide awake wanting to watch tv. No luck - tv not working! Drat! Morning receptionist surly and not up to the standard of other staff I have experienced. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back were quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitstable
Marine Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Canterbury
Holiday Inn Express Canterbury
#1 of 1 in Upper Harbledown
Best Western Abbots Barton Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Whitstable Hotel? Share your experiences!