Uncooked food, no crockery, frozen bread. Where to start? Hotel itself was adequate - beds comfortable, room not too hot and a good shower. BUT avoid the breakfast unless you fancy a spell in A&E. We booked for breakfast but had a 20 minute wait to be seated then a 30 minute wait for our 'cooked' breakfasts. We couldn't eat the cereals, fruit or have drinks as no crockery was available for approx 40 minutes, The few slices of bread remaining were frozen solid. The food areas were unclean and despite over an hour of service remaining there was little food left. The final insult was the boiled egg ordered for my young son which was uncooked. All food experts agree this is dangerous. The stressed restaurant manager claimed the problems were down to the absence of a member of staff but that alone couldn't have caused the chaos this restaurant had descended into. On complaining to the Premier Inn receptionist, she claimed the restaurant was nothing to do with them, despite making our breakfast bookings with them and the food bill being invoiced through Premier Inn, therefore making our contract with them (they are all part of Whitbread anyway). The reception was over-run with people making complaints so hardly surprising they were trying to pass the buck.
Awful, environmental health will be informed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the popular harbour town of Whitstable, with its fresh sea air, beaches and great fish and chips ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Premier Inn Whitstable Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Whitstable Hotel Whitstable
- Whitstable Premier Inn
- Premier Inn Whitstable Hotel Kent