Lowest prices for your stay
£112
Breakfast included
No prepayment needed
Priceline
1,607 results
All reviews sea view lovely hotel shepherd neame dog friendly hotel tankerton slopes sea front superior room lovely room first floor fresh milk whitstable harbour car park breakfast was excellent enjoyable stay stayed for one night full english high standard
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2023

Booked a one night stay for 3 in a family room on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast basis.

Very pleased with the helpful service given to my Wife when she made the telephone booking.

Checked in around 2.30 pm on Sunday, was greeted by a very helpful lady on the desk, and this set the tone for our short stay, as nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

We enjoyed a lovely 3 course evening meal with excellent food and very prompt service, a good nights sleep in a clean room with comfortable beds, and a lovely English breakfast on Monday morning.

This was our first visit to Whitstable and we certainly struck lucky in our choice of Hotel, it makes a big difference when the staff are so friendly and keen to please.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2023 via mobile

To whom it may concern,

I cannot complement enough the hotel and the staff especially Jackie în Reception, evening Chef & Mrs Patsy for breakfast on departure.

We have really enjoyed our beautiful room and the special treat on arrival.

We will definitely return! 😊

Kind regards,
Luiza&Andrew

Room tip: Boom in advance. Really worth it!
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2023

Comfortable bed but bedroom was very dusty. Bathroom needs refurbishment or some basic maintenance. Mould on tiles. Poor full English breakfast. Overall not what you expect from Shepherd and Neame hotel. Location was good but having stay in many Shepherd hotels this is the worst. Staff were very good.

Room tip: Send your breakfast back if not very good
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2023

Absolute rip off!!!!!!
Made a reservation was asked for card details.
To hold booking! I was told
Then called at 5 to cancel booking and told them why we could no longer make the booking.
Was told thanks and then money was taken out of my account the next day £117 !!!!
When I had called to query was told sorry we emailed you a cancellation policy!!!!!!!!do not book

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2023

This is a review of the restuarant.
I booked the Marines restaurant for a 70th birthday for my wife and our family of 9. The earliest time I could get was 2.30 as I was told it was full before. After waiting for about 15 minutes we were asked for our drink choice. Some time later when our drinks came we were asked about our food order. We were told that all the 4 sunday lunch choices had run out.
I raised my concerns with the manager but all he said was they had run out as they had more customers than normal. So they were taking walk ins after telling me when I booked it was full till 2.30!
This was now after 3pm. So now we all had to make do with pies and fish. The first meals turned up after 3.30. Most of the meals were not of the standard I expected. My 6 year old grand daughter had a burger which was absolutely terrible. The bun was burnt and hard and the meat was like a thin bit of charcoal. So we sent it back. Everyone had finished their meal before it was replaced. By this time she was so upset she only ate a bit of it.
We had ordered dessert and when they came we had one dessert not delivered. Once again my grandson this time had to eat alone. By the time we had finished at about 4.30 our carpark had run over the 2 hours and we were the last people in there. On the way out NO APOLOGY.
This is the worst experience I've had locally and won't be going back.
Trip advisor should have a no stars choice.

Trip type: Travelled with family