“A special treat”

Price range: US$13 - US$76
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A sea food restaurant overing a vast selection of sea food, from a al la carte menu to take away seafood. We are BYO drinks and we don't charge corkage.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wheelers is a tiny restaurant in Whitstable High Street. We went for lunch with friends for a special treat. The table was in a small room, which looked like my grandmothers old parlour. The seafood was the best I have eaten, amazing tastes, beautifully presented. The cost for the four of us was £175.00. Not the cheapest, but if you want quality food to celebrate a special occasion I would thoroughly recommend it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed the food, lovely starters such as the mixed mezze. We loved the mussels, the Dover sole in light batter is to die for, crab cakes, calamari ...it’s all sumptuous and tasty.
We have visited a number of times and it’s always constantly very good. For seafood without a doubt the best in Whitstable The service was very good and friendly and we love the atmosphere.
Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Amazing food - amazing value for money -
Beautiful menu- bring your own wine
This is the only fish restaurant of true value and honestly the best

Reviewed 28 October 2018

Some friends who've been staying in Whistable for the last few months, and had been impressed by Wheelers, took us there last night, and we were absolutely blown away by the quality of the food, service and ambience we found there.

I had some Guinness battered oysters to start, which were crisp and delicious, there were also plates of fishy mezze and seared tuna on the table; we all tried each other's starters and loved them. Then my main course arrived, and I died and went to heaven. Jerk seasoned monkfish, on the face of it, sounds wrong, wrong, wrong, but it was perfect, a light dusting of jerk seasoning meant that the spicy flavour didn't ovewhelm the subtle, juicy monkfish, indeed they went incredibly well together, especially with the pickled pineapple and mango dressing and the lovely little crab croquette. The others had an amazing John Dory and some superb crab cakes. All the little trimmings that went with this fantastic array of food were beautifully well done too; home baked bread, great salad leaves and veggies, and everything was perfectly seasoned. Only two of us could fit in desserts, so we had a single scoop of coconut ice cream each, also delicious.

The three women who served us were kind and welcoming and generous and made us feel so at home, the ambience was cheerful and fun and friendly, and the bill, just under £40 each, was very reasonable. It is, as I said above, my new favourite restaurant, and I so want to go back there again.

One thing to remember, Wheelers is BYO for beer and wine, and they only take cash, no cards. But this is so not a problem, given two adjacent ATMs and at least two good offies in the vicinity.

2  Thank pxyzyzygy
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

My friend and I visited this little gem and are so pleased we did. we decided to share a mezze the batter for the crispy squid and the cod was the lightest I have ever had,and the curried crab was just delicious and the complimentry home made bread and guiness butter was an absolute treat.would I recommend ABSOLOUTLY

1  Thank ladyminky64