“Nice atmosphere and lovely food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Birdies
Ranked #4 of 117 Restaurants in Whitstable
Price range: US$24 - US$32
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beautiful French Bistro in the heart of Whitstable, full of character & charm, serving local seafood, an array of french delights & homemade deserts. Child friendly, groups & private parties welcome.
Kent
“Nice atmosphere and lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I dined here last Saturday with my wife's sister and husband from Ireland - we have been to Birdies many times over 35 years in Whitstable - it was my wife's sister's first visit.
Our guests enjoyed the atmosphere and the food - the bisque was great apparently! Three of us had sirloin steak ( not normally on the evening menu) and one of us had beef Wellington - it was all good.
The cheese board did 3 of us - nice selection with plenty of biscuits!

The wine menu was more than adequate.

Service was very good - the place was busy- and the price was not too bad either.
We'll be back of course.

Visited August 2014

Kimbolton, Cambridgeshire
“Delightful little bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were glad we had booked as this very friendly little bistro was very busy. Super service from welcoming staff and a menu chalked up on a board (some of which was very hard to read!). Obviously lots of local fish dishes nicely presented, although my bream was rather dry. My husband raved about the bisque. Large portion sizes meant that we didn't try the desserts.

Visited August 2014
“absolute delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Birdies was recommended to me and I am glad it was. Staff where attentative to all our needs, without the fuss. We ordered fish cooked to perfection, with the right choice of sides, which are all local produce and very fresh. The wine list is more than adequate. The atmosphere is like a mixture of country village feel and traditional old French town square. So in conclusion I would highly recommended this restaurant.

Visited May 2014
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Great lunch - tasty food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went to Birdies on a Saturday lunch time. We hadn't booked but it was coming to the end of the lunch service and they managed to fit us in.

We all opted for the 2 course set lunch which was very reasonably priced. The smoked chicken salad starter was very tasty and the salad dressing was particularly good. My partner had the Bisque to start which he like. We all had the steak and fries for main which were all good. The fries were very good and again the salad and dressing was very flavoursome.

Staff were friendly and the service was good at what was still a relatively busy time.

The menu on the board looked very good and I'm sure we will be going back for dinner at some point to sample it.

Overall, good French style food at a reasonable price, particularly for the set lunch.

• Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Whitstable flare, French twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Fantastic as usual! Managed to get a table last week during Oyster Festival and what can I say, Birdies never fails to impress! The Mussels were divine, as always, and the staff were great! I'm new to trip advisor but as Birdies sticks out in my memory of my trips to Whitstable, i thought they deserved my first review! Thoroughly enjoyable!

• Visited July 2014