“Is this seafood? ”

Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on the East Quay of Whitstable's historic harbour, our restaurant offers stunning sea views along with the freshest sea food that you will find in the town. PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT TAKE BOOKINGS AND ARE SUNDAY - THURSDAY 12-6 / FRIDAY & SATURDAY 12-9
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

I’m not sure how they can call this seafood.
We ordered the seafood platter with lobster and it tasted anything but fresh seafood. Crab was really bad, prawns were frozen and the lobster was probably 10 weeks old. We left all the food on the plates, no one bothered to come and ask how the food was, nor said goodbye when we left. This was definitely a waste of money. I will not recommend this to anyone.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank 210yleniaf
luko434, General Manager at The Lobster Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2018

Hi - thank you for taking the time to review and sorry it is a negative one. Our lobsters are boiled freshly from our own tanks. I would be be grateful if you could contact me on the details below to discuss further.

Kind regards

luke@thelobstershack.co.uk
01227 262 003

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

The Lobster Shack has always been my favourite restaurant in Whitstable with the best lobsters and oysters. I always have the same meal when I visit, oysters and whole grilled lobster. Unfortunately on my last visit I found a large stone slightly larger than a pea in the lobster and salad meal. I was very lucky that I had not bitten on the stone as it would have definitely broken my tooth and on further inspection it was covered with a dirt type substance. I pointed this out to the waitress when she came to collect our plates expecting the chef or the waitress to come back with some explanation but was totally ignored. I don’t know if the stone was in the salad or from the lobster but feel that I should have had some explanation from the restaurant as to why or how it got into my meal. My afterthought is that I should have gone up to the counter to seek an explanation but the chef should have come over to me and explained and at least offered an apology. Sadly I don’t think I will return to this restaurant again.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank soowestmalling

Hi - thank you for taking the time to review.

It is very troubling to hear you found a stone in your meal and this should have been addressed better at the time of complaint.

Please feel free to contact me on the details below to discuss further.

Luke Gillam
luke@thelobstershack.co.uk
01227 262 003

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the baked camembert and a good selection of drinks. Worth the walk off the beaten track

Date of visit: October 2018
Luke G, General Manager at The Lobster Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Hi Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

We went here for lunch on a lovely sunny day and the outside space is glorious with bench tables overlooking the sea. The restaurant inside looked very nice too with lots of character. We chose a lobster and shrimp in wholemeal (roll) with chips and a side salad - it was delicious. It's not in the main part of the harbour and we accessed it by taking a side turning opposite the place where the car park/market place is - you walk through a car park, past the oyster factory (interesting to see them sorting the oysters) and out onto the seafront, where the restaurant is. Worth the little de-tour!

Date of visit: October 2018
Luke G, General Manager at The Lobster Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Hi - thank you for taking the time to write a great review. The oyster sorting area is part of our company and is where we process all our oysters sold in our restaurants.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We had a great lunch here in September. The food was very tasty. Friendly staff. We would visit again.

Date of visit: September 2018