“Lovely farmhouse accommodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bay Horse
Wyreside Lakes Fishery
Maidstone
“Lovely farmhouse accommodation”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I must admit I was a little wary after reading some of the reviews about grumpy men, but the welcome I received was very warm. Sally greeted me and Bob showed me to my room which was beautifully decorated in keeping with a farmhouse, it was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The shared bathroom was very spacious, I loved the extra large cubicle and power shower! Again, everything was spotless.
I didn't partake of breakfast as the latest time is 9am, which is too early for me, especially on holiday.
Unfortunately, I had to cut my break short for family reasons but would not hesitate to stay here again, and probably will when taking my daughter back to Uni in September. An excellent, value for money establishment. It was sheer joy waking to the birdsong every morning.
The only things I found slightly irritating was the noxious air freshener situated on the stairs that pumps out chemical fumes every few minutes. The noise from the tv downstairs is very noticeable but you can tune that out whereas the smell was slowly choking me!

Room Tip: If you want ugly modern, this is not for you. This is classic, old English country style.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Clean enough room and friendly enough staff, serves its purpose but the sign outside is hardly welcoming, as are the many other DO NOT signs about. No evening meals or cafe/bar available this time of year. It is rather cheap though and seemed alright overall, just average really and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here Easter weekend for a 3 night break camping in a tent! We have been many times before & have always thoroughly enjoyed it! The service is always excellent, Bob is always friendly & always stops for a chat on his rounds. We didn't venture into the clubhouse on this occasion but did have a full English on the Sunday in the restaurant which was very fulfilling. The shop isn't over priced, for a on-site shop we are very happy to pay the prices(even though we have 3 children & they was always popping into the shop for 1 thing or another.
The site is very clean & seems to be always being modernised.
We shall be returning no doubt at some point in the year.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank VickiF596
Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The concept of fishing and camping for families is a fabulous idea. This was our first visit to Wyreside in our motor home. We were directed to the lower camping field, we parked side on so that we could enjoy the view. An aged man on a quad bike, shouted to us and demanded that we turn it forwards, and he drove off. To put this petty demand into context, there are tents that are longer than our van! and are pitched side on, so what was his problem??To have been spoken to civilly would have been more polite. Then again whilst we were unloading fishing gear at the lake, another older man on a quad shouted, again in the Gestapo style as the previous man, for us to move, then he drove off. No courtesy what so ever. The restaurant is over priced for the pub grub you get served. That is when you eventually get served! The poor young girl was the only waitress on duty, she was very pleasant. The small packets of sauces were out of date, the tartar sauce being 3 years out of date! Bait shop is way over priced too. We were a tad disappointed. Yes its family run but maybe they have got too big and don't have the time or patience to be civil or welcoming to it's visitors anymore. Shame.... On a positive, the grounds were well maintained, toilets were very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cclark1461
Wyreside Lakes F, Manager at Wyreside Lakes Fishery, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review. May I begin by apologising for the way this member of staff on the quad bike has spoken to you, you are quite right it should have been in a more courteous manner. By way of an explanation, apparently your motor home should not have been placed in that particular area as there are drainage issues down in the lower field which have not yet been able to be resolved because of the wet winter and the weight of your camper van may have meant it would have become stuck so it had to be placed the opposite way. As for your wait in the restaurant I hope you can appreciate it was Easter weekend and unfortunately we were not prepared for the amount of people who just turned up on the day – I think many campers were waiting to see what the weather would do.
As a seasonal business all our new stock was purchased in March from the local cash and carry so it appears that we been short coded on some products, these have all been checked through now and the matter taken up with the supplier. With regards to the prices in the tackle shop I’m afraid I have no remit in that area, our stock is all priced at the suppliers cataloged RRP. If you wish to discuss anything in person please call me on the office number any time and I hope we may see you again in the future,
Kind regards Mrs Hughes.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We (2 adults) had originally only planned on camping here for a couple of nights, however, we were so impressed with the experience we extended our stay for 3 further night!
All the staff (Bob and his family) made us feel so welcome and were happy to help as and when needed. The views are beautiful! The camp was quiet, clean and had everything we needed.
The location was perfect for getting to Lancaster, Morecambe and the lakes....
We will definitely be going again! :)

• Stayed April 2014
Newton-Le-Willows, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I have never been camping before so i only booked a couple of days but i wished i'd booked a couple of weeks because it was so peaceful and beautiful in the countryside.. perfect and the bacon butties in the morning were to die for!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank karen H
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Brilliant B & B,If you are looking for peace and quiet,this is the place.Out in the sticks.Comfortable beds and a great british breakfast.An evening walk around the lake,call for a pint,then bed.Brill.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bay Horse
Cleveleymere The Lake House
The Priory
The Priory
#1 of 1 in Scorton

Been to Wyreside Lakes Fishery? Share your experiences!