“Will be returning”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Manchester
“Will be returning”
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

This is my second visit to the last drop so needless to say I do love it here. Both times I have stayed here for the spa deal and I came here with my sisters and aunty to celebrate my mum's birthday as she loved it here. We stayed in an executive room and they were lovely very spacious and clean really cannot fault it. We enjoyed the whole weekend; the spa treatments were lovely as were the other spa facilities. We absolutely loved the evening meal it was even better than last time. If I were to criticise anything it would be the slow service we experienced in the restaurant and the very expensive drinks, but apart from these two minor criticisms everything else was wonderful and I will certainly be visiting again. Oh and the highlight was finding my wedding dress at the last drop vintage wedding dress boutique! I will definitely be returning and would recommend this place for any occasion.

• Stayed August 2013
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear tarangelaben

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is a delight to hear you enjoyed it so much and I do hope we will welcome you back for a third time soon.

Jayne Riley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Staffordshire
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I booked this hotel last minute, the staff on the phone were excellent and as I was looking for a 1 night stay and spa, we were booked in for our treatments. On arrival, easy to find, location is good with excellent views.
We arrived early and advised the room would be ready at 2pm, so on with the spa. Our robes and slippers were bought down to us.
We then went to our spa treatment, which as this was included in the price was very professional and enjoyable for both my wife and I. The remainder of the afternoon was spent in the pool, sauna etc. Outdoor pool is good, and for a hotel I did not expect the spa to be as good as it was.
The room was ready before time, and this was of a good size, clean and tidy with everything you need.
Also included was a three course meal, just bear in mind it is from the set menu. The quality and presentation was above what I would expect from a 3 star hotel, which this appears to be at reception. Staff all very pleasant and polite, restaurant is run very well.
We retired to the bar for a few drinks, and enjoyed the piano player from 8pm until 10pm, who played excellent music.
Breakfast - Again organised well, the hot buffet could be better. Food quality reduced in this area, acceptable though.
The only issue we came across was in the afternoon whilst having lunch in the tea room in the courtyard, poor Laura who managed pretty much everything did have her work cut out with very little help. However after a phone call, help did arrive.
Overall, for what we paid both my wife and I fully enjoyed our stay. There are some areas which improvements could be made, to make this a much better hotel.
Yes I would return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Family3Hughes

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review following your recent stay with us.

It is always a delight to hear and share with our team such positive feedback.

I do hope we will welcome you back to us in the near future.

Many Thanks & Kind Regards

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The area itself is pretty the hotel is pristine. The staff were friendly. Modern fascillities but the heated pool nor jacquzzi nor steam room were working, still disappointing but spa was relaxing but I would do more next time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Victoria G

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and can only apologise that you could not enjoy
the full range of spa facilities due to a technical error.

I do hope this won't put you off returning in the future and hope to welcome you again.

Manchester
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed for one night whilst attending a family wedding reception. Our first impression at reception was a very good one as the young lady who checked us in was very professional and courteous. Unfortunately that is where it ended, at the bar in the Penny Farthing suite my wife wanted a cup of tea but we were abruptly told by the barmaid that tea or coffee was not served from that bar and should we want it we should go down to reception and purchase it there. Fortunately a young waiter overheard this and upon seeing my expression of surprise at this comment offered to go and get the drink for us. There was a further shock when given the bill for 2 pints of lager and tea for 2 it was in excess of £16.00.To add insult to injury the ice cold lager was warm.
Our room although small was perfectly adequate but the lack of privacy in the bathroom a little disconcerting, the clear glass in the bathroom windows over looked the shops. The extractor fan sounded like a tractor and continued for well over 10 minutes after switching the light off. No quite trip to the Loo in the middle of the night.
Unfortunately the weather was not the best during our stay, and during the night a large puddle of water collected on the bathroom floor due to water coming through the extractor fan, Quite a shock when I almost ended on my back in the morning.
Not one of the best hotels we have stayed in and would probably not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank United45
Dear United 45

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review following your recent visit to us.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests and I can assure you my team have been made aware of your comments and will be using your feedback constructively.

Myself and the team work very hard to ensure we exceed our guests expectations and it is always dissapointing to hear we haven't.

I do hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Bromley Cross hotels

Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel was recommended to me by a colleague and I'd packed my trunks even though I was only stopping the one night.
As the other reviews have commented, great in all areas but pot luck on staff.
I arrived at 7pm and there were two reception staff, one on the phone and the other with a client. The one speaking to a prospective wedding booking seemed disinterested and kept looking away when asked questions. As she finished first she just said to me that her colleague would be off the phone soon. I don't know what was so pressing at that hour that she couldn't spend 2 minutes checking me in, other than the end of her shift maybe.
Her colleague smiled only after ending her call and processed me efficiently but made no offer of dinner reservation or introduced the spa. Bit rubbish really.
Shame because the hotel is pretty good. I know its only a few little things but they cost nothing and make a world of difference to the 'value' of the stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Nickit7676

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review following your recent stay with us.

My reception team are aware of your comments and will I am sure use your feedback constructively to improve their guest relation interaction.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Maputo, Mozambique
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We decided to stay at the Last Drop for a second visit because of it's spa facilities and village ambiance. It is not a very long journey to Manchester airport, so it is a nice stopping off point before flying from Manchester.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Waynedancer

Many thanks for leaving your review following your stay with us. It is great to hear you've returned to us and enjoyed a second visit, we will look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Jayne
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have just stayed for 2 nights at The Last Drop and we fell in love with the place.. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly and check in was simple and fast.. Our room was beautiful with plenty of space and little extras in there that make a difference (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, hairdryer, iron and ironing board) We found the whole village to be spotlessly clean and loved the little quaint shops and even a hairdressers on site too.
Breakfast was amazing ... lovely selection of cereals, bread, dried fruit, fresh fruit, ham, cheeses, yoghurts, fruit juices.. help yourself to as much as you like and then the waitress brings you as much toast and tea and coffee as you want .. then you move onto the cooked section !! wow there was bacon, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, hash browns, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, sausages and black pudding.. All piping hot and really tasty.
We enjoyed staying here so much (stayed for a family wedding in Bolton) that we have decided to book again for a weekend in December .. and we cannot wait.
Oh forgot to mention the comfortable beds and the very thick curtains which made our sleep a perfect one.

Room Tip: We stayed over the shops in the Belmont cottages and there are only 3 rooms there so its very peacef...