“"Lovely stay"”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“"Lovely stay"”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 15 nights whilst working in the area and I stay in hotels all over uk and can honestly say that for the price it's nearly faultless! It's a large hotel with shops inside, tea room bar restaurant the lot! Bar food/drinks very expensive (took an hour to come on a 2 occasions) though more in line with a hotel that is double the room rate! Nichola (I think) on reception was lovely, there was always plenty of staff on not like someone else mentioned. The gym/spa was lovely used gym/pool/sauna and jacuzzi but no treatments! The hotel would not suit a modern decor and I did not see any part of the hotel that warranted some peoples reviews! Thanks

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Laver84

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review following your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to read that you stayed with us for 15 nights and had a positive experience, this will act as a great encouragement to our team.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

h6634-om@accor.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I book a room for the night st the last drop it was not a cheap hotel by any means at a hundred and nine pounds bed and breakfast. The rooms were in need of refurbishment and the bathroom just needed replacing completely the furniture was dark and dismal a huge disappointment would have complained if would have been staying longer. But to top it all the breakfast the next morning was worse then the room and the staff didn't understand that people liked their coffee and tea hot not tepid and if there was some we could not find the toast will not stay there again

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear moonunity

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is always disappointing to read a negative review however please be assured that myself and my team will be using your feedback constructively and will be making immediate improvements where possible.

Should you be visiting the area again in the future please contact me directly and I will gladly oversee your reservation for you.

Travellers are raving about these Bromley Cross hotels

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Spa treatments very rushed. Impersonal. Patronizing.Staff over heard complaining about consumers. Not enough space in relaxation lounge. Very cramped waiting room/help yourself coffee area where there are no clean cups or glasses.

Spa had big swimming pool nice jacuzzi looking over the lovely views outside. Had to ask for the bubbles to be switched on. Not enough loungers. Steam room broke. Only sauna woking. Kids in the spa! Not the relaxing feeling you want from a spa break.

Reception staff did not know anything. It seem like the were all straight out of school and it was their first day at work.

Breakfast was good.
Evening meal was ok, nothing special.
Last drop village was different.

Piano bar pleasant.

Due to lots of hen nights expect lots of banging on doors at 2am in morning.

Rooms were clean and spacious. Bathroom smelled of urine. Shower your usual crappy hotel shower.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Spafindera

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed following your recent spa break with us.

We are a very popular choice for Spa weekends and at times it can be very busy in our spa area.

Please be assured that myself and our Spa Manager are looking into all the area's of your feedback and will be looking to make immediate improvements where we can.

Should you be visiting the area in the future please do contact me directly and I will personally oversee your reservation for you.

Thank you for your time and I hope we may welcome you back again in the future.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner came here for a night for a little break & was exellent .food and spa was great. Great service. One let down was the bed was aweful!!! The duvet and pillows were duck down but the mattress and pillows felt like brick!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rose Goodwin

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that on the whole you had a positive experience and am also pleased to tell you we are due to replace all our beds & mattresses within the next 6-12 months.

Should you be visiting the area again please contact me via e mail and I will personally oversee your reservation for you.

h6635-om@accor.com
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

this is a lovely hotel, quite old fashioned in the way it is run but the pool and spa is well up to date! the food is always good so if you go for the half board rate is is very good value. my tip is to skip the buffet breakfas and order something freshly cooked

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Wendygray47

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is a pleasure to hear you enjoy staying with us and your review will act as encouragement for our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

A spa day was booked for me for my 50th birthday at a cost of £138!!!! This was not cheap. The spa treatment was enjoyable but only lasted 45 minutes in total. Lots of people kept having to ask for glasses and cups to get drinks (serve yourself) and although the spa was busy all day there are only 3 tables to use when having lunch/drinks. When I went to get my first drink after my treatment I was HORRIFIED to find the self service fridge full of ASDA SMARTPRICE CARTONS (apple, orange etc), now I'm not being precious as I am quite happy to drink these at home! What I do I mind is paying £138 for my luxury birthday treat to find SMARTPRICE is part off it. The pool was pleasant but certain areas are very tired especially the shower cubicles (grubby, broken shower heads etc)
Sorry to say but my special day was spoilt :-(

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Tracey H

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with certain aspects of your visit to our Spa and I can assure you that myself and our Spa Manager have addressed the situation regarding the drinks fridge as this is unacceptable.

Should you wish to visit us again in the future please make contact with me directly and I will personally oversee your reservation for you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley Cross
King Street Townhouse
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 118 in Manchester
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!