“Fabulous day”

Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Booked for a massage and a day in the spa. To be fair the girl firstly apologised for the lack of heating in the pools. Heating was down throughout. But I saw heating engineers working on it.
Pools were cold. But by the time we had our massages it was back on.
Therapy pool is beautiful. Staff super friendly. Heidi in particular. Such a lovely young lady. Really put my every need first. So much so I booked anothrrttreatment with her.
Most definitely will be returning
Thanks everybody x

2  Thank 582rosie582
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear 582rosie582

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us.

It is a delight to hear how happy you were and Heidi will be equally delighted with her personal mention.

I do hope we will welcome you back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We have just come back from a 'spa' reviver weekend!!!it was awful..to start with whoever took the spa booking got it totally wrong, two go our party were thrown into their spa treatments which didn't even take the allotted time, three of us did have treatments and they were ok apart from the banging in the background!!? Work going on. The rooms were old, dated and one of them had a smell that someone had defficated somewhere in the room and hidden it!! The other was a smell of a damp dog! The shower trickled!, ironically the meaning of the last drop was true!! And then there was 'dinner.....' a menu which consisted greasy starters including a parfait floating in some kind of oil and a selection of 'pies' which was served with smash and a soft floppy carrot!! Followed by stale brownies and tasteless others! We did complain and were recompensed somewhat, however the attitude of the manager was appalling and this was demonstrated further this morning as one of our party had a pubic hair in her breakfast! And when challenged the manager replied it could no way of come from here!!! Do not waste you time or money going to this hovel!!

Room Tip: Don't book it
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank shelagh1925

Dear Shelagh1925

I am sorry to read your party were dissapointed following your visit last weekend.

Having looked at your comments I feel it neccesary to explain that when treatment slots are booked we have to be very strict on timings especially at the weekends so as to not overrun into the next booking. As the 2 women in your party that you mention were late for the slots allocated this is why they may have felt rushed, I am aware this was explained to you upon arrival and therefore on this occasion the treatment time would be less than if your party had arrived on time.

I can assure you that had we been made aware that you were unhappy with your rooms we wuld have done our upmost to re-allocate them, whilst we are an older property and we face certain challenges cleanliness and presentation is the focus of our housekeeping team.

The offer to move bedrooms was made to your party immediately upon you reporting this after dinner however the decision was made to remain where you were therfore we were unable to rectify this for you.

Having followed up your comments regarding dinner I am surprised to hear how unhappy you were especially as my Restaurant Manager was aware of your disatisfaction in the spa and therefore checked on your party more than he would any other and only 1 of your party mentioned being unhappy with their choice of meal.

Occasionally with a hot breakfast buffet within the mushrooms there may be fibres following the storage process and as explained at check out without physically having anything to look at I am confident this is what was within the breakfast and nothing else.

As you mentioned we did arrange for complimentary drinks and wine for your table and a substantial discount on your booking and I can only hope this has gone some way to rectifying your situation.

Should you wish to discuss any of this any further please contact me directly via the e mail address below.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay and be assured we take all our guest comments very seriously.

h6634-om@accor.com

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Booked a 2 night a stay with friends and booked treatments. When arrived no recollection of treatments or apology. No hot chocolate, £23 for a bottle of paint stripper, staff really non responsive.
We have been here for 2 hours and looking for a alternative hotel.
Do not come to this place.

Dear Naomiroberts85

I am very sorry to read that you were dissapointed with your recent visit to us. Whilst I am aware we had a few challenges with our spa booking system last week we should have been able to rectify this for you and as we haven't please accept our sincere apologies.

If I could ask you to e mail me directly via the address below I will be happy to contact you and look to find a resolution so that you may visit us again in the future.

Kind Regards

h6634-om@accor.com

Reviewed 5 November 2013

a wonderful two days spent in this hotel. staff always helpful on reception, restaurant staff always pleasant and helpful, room spacious and clean, spacious bathroom with bath and shower separate.,fabulous scenery all around, pool and spa/sauna facilities excellent - again spa staff friendly and helpful. would definitely return

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ceejay138

Dear Ceejay138

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay with us.

It is a delight to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and your comments will act as great encouragement to the rest of our team.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had a bargain stay dinner bed and breakfast for brother in laws 70 birthday.
We had booked two rooms and when we said we had stayed there before we were upgraded to 2 executive rooms which were better than our last visit. although they were quite a walk from the restaurant (my brotherin law just having had a hip replacement op).............
But we had a coffee in the cake and coffee shop at the back went for a hot tub and spa area. We had a dinner which was from the included menu or we were given an allowance of £20 if choosing al a carte. But for the £20 we had plenty to choose from we paid for two of us to have the rib-eye steak which was still good value. They brought brother in law a pudding with happy birthday written on nice touch.
Breakfast quite good but no explanation about the cooked breakfasts shame
But overall good value for money pity check-out receptionist wasn't a little more discreet as we were paying for both rooms as our treat and she broadcast the amount we were paying causing a bit of embarrassment .

Room Tip: try for an upgrade
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Trishswim

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your family break and I am pleased that my team looked after you.

I will be sharing your comments regarding breakfast & check out with my teams and I am positive we can improve in these area's immediately.

I hope we will welcome you all back again in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the last drop before but this time I was away for a relaxing night with my husband. ( the infinity pool is what has me returning) overall we had a loverly stay. Staff extremely helpful and friendly they are a credit to the hotel. The food was good and the spa was relaxing as needed. The hotel itself I think needs to put some money back into itself soon! I love the quirkiness and cosines of the hotel itself but hallways/ rooms and bar could do with a revamp. Thank you for a nice stay

Dear Gibson 421

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to us.

Please be assured I will be sharing your comments with our team and I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I thought we might have made a mistake after booking this 'reviver' break then reading reviews after the reservation was confirmed. I'm delighted to say our stay has been far from the grim experience some people have described.
On arrival, we were checked in quickly and shown to our warm, spacious, quiet and well-appointed room. Feather duvet and a comfortable bed, clean and modern bathroom and well furnished throughout.
The next stop was the spa, where we took advantage of the pool before trying the large hot jacuzzi pool, where we loitered in the open air section and enjoyed a stunning display of lightning from the water - amazing. The steam rooms and saunas were another treat on
top, again, clean and relaxing.
The evening meal was included in the price of the stay, vegetarian and fish options were good although some of the ingredients listed did not appear on the plates - I was looking forward to samphire which didn't appear.However both the sea bass and risotto mains were delicious and cooked to perfection.
After a good and peaceful night's sleep, I went for an early morning swim and was greeted in a friendly and polite manner.
Breakfast was absolutely perfect greeted by the professional and friendly Turgay: the full choice of fresh continental breakfast and a buffet serving hot food. The atmosphere was pleasant and the special smoked haddock from the kitchen was a perfect choice for me.
Our booking included a 25 minute spa treatment each. We both opted for the back, neck and shoulder massage expecting a quick 'beautician' type treatment but were both extremely impressed with the massage we had from Katie and Kate who were skilled and excellent. Feeling revived, we both look forward to another stay at this excellent hotel. Can't wait for an excuse to make another reservation here.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Tyre S

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a glowing review following your recent stay with us.

Your comments will act as great encouragement for our team here who will be equally pleased to read them.

I hope you find the excuse you're looking for to re-visit very soon.

Kind Regards

Britannia Bolton Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton
Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!