“Just ok!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Just ok!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I booked an overnight spa reviver break to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary. We had an ok ish time. Room was clean but old fashioned. All the staff were lovely. We queued a while for drinks at the bar & they were over priced.
Meal was ok. Hubby didn't enjoy his! Breakfast was good though.
We used all the spa facilities. The outdoor hot tub was the best part of our break. I had an average facial & my hubby enjoyed a back massage. It was nice to get away from home for a night but I wouldn't rush to go back. I paid £179 & it wasn't worth the money. The little village wasn't what I expected but would look pretty in nice weather.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrsloulou
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Mrs Lou Lou

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I will be sharing your feedback with our team who will use your feedback in a constructive way to make immediate changes where we can.

If you do choose to visit us in the future please contact me directly at the hotel and I will personally oversee your reservation for you.

01204 873 500

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a dinner , bed , breakfast , spa deal which was good value for money, but over all I
think the place is a little tired.
Our check in guy Kevin was very efficient and much friendlier and faster than people we have had previously. The room we had was ok, the corridors leading to it were a
bit like a nursing home and so were the rooms themselves, but at least they were clean.
Very lumpy pillows made it difficult to be comfortable.
The spa is a bit rough around the edges, rusty bits and dirty bits, not unclean but just signs of wear and tear, not luxurious. We liked the outside jacuzzi and it was much hotter than previous visits which was nice. I had a massage which was very good, but the relaxing music cutting off half way through and just the sound of the therapists heavy breathing spoilt the mood a bit. I also had a manicure which was not very good and very rushed. The room in the spa where you can get a drink and wait for your treatment had dirty tables and previous guests drinking cups & half eaten cakes.
Evening food was nice but wines very expensive , especially when they add another to the bill that you haven't had!
The package is a good deal, but you do get what you pay for.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank OMCZ
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear OMCZ

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Your comments are important to us and we will be making immediate improvements where possible.

Should you be looking to visit in the future please contact me directly and I will happily oversee your reservation for you.

Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I've stayed here a few times on business now, and generally find it to be the same eache time, i.e. a nice enough place, but rather impersonal, and service in the restaurant can also be a bit 'hit &miss', both with the time taken for food to arrive and, on occasion, even getting what you ordered.

The rooms tend to be comfortable enough, although some do look a bit 'tired' now.

I think one of my main gripes is that despite being an A-Club card holder, they never seem to be able to keep a record of this from one stay to another, and also fail to notify A-Club of my stays there, so if you are a loyalty card holder I would recommend that you check your account after a stay here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Doug M
Dear Doug M

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Your comments are important to us and immediate improvements will be made where possible.

If you would like to e mail me in advance of your next visit I will personally oversee your reservation for you.

Manchester
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We have just been reading the reviews of the tea rooms as we have been a number of times lately, mainly for lunch, but on occasion for coffee. We were particularly interested in the review by Alan B from Bury. We can't help feeling that we were the table of ten referred to on that particular day. We were not disappointed and realised that we would have to wait a while for our food as we were a big party. The food arrived for all at the same time, it was delicious as always and the staff were helpful and very attentive to our needs. We have recently discovered the tea rooms and have always been satisfied with the service and food. What we have noticed is that the tearooms seems to be managed single handedly by one member of staff - Julie. No matter how busy it is, there does not seem to be much support for her efforts. We would like to thank her for her hard work and pleasant disposition and we will be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lis B
Dear Lis B

Many thanks for reviewing your experience of our Tea Rooms.

As you've read we do have a variety of reviews and it is a shame they are not all as glowing as yours, I'm sure Julie will be delighted with her personal mention and the rest of the team who assist in the tea rooms on a regular basis.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Enjoyed a stay here in desperate need of sleep .... I had no reservation, was far too early for check in and arrived at check out time, Reception was very busy ..... no problem for the girl on duty - Excellent stuff !!! she even moved me because my first room was in a corridor which was having a paint job done so the room smelled of paint...
Thank you for a good rest...

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are very good
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Steven_Langley
Dear Steven_Langley

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to hear we were able to help you and I hope we will welcome you again in the future.

Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

went for a spa day early February with a group of friends on a special offer - the spa area is great, the hydro pool overlooking the hotel grounds is beautiful and the sauna/pool/jacuzzi were all fine. the showers / cleanliness need some attention as they are tired. had a back neck and shoulder massage & facial and it was amazing, staff very professional and welcoming. the lunch included was fab although the room in which the food was served is not great at all. coffee machine was faulty, water all over the floor, no spoons etc - i think really they are just understaffed but thats where it was let down. otherwise it was a lovely day and if i got a similar offer i would return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dani080580
Dear Dani080580

Many thanks for reviewing your recent visit to our Spa.

It is great to hear how much you enjoyed our facilities and the team looking after you and your comments regarding the relacation area have been addressed by our Spa Manager, I hope it didn't spoil your visit.

I hope we will welcome you again in the future.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed with my partner on valentines . Room was executive but shabby and in need of TLC. Opened milk and 2 were sour. Bulb not working in dressing tab;e lamp Towel rail not working so bathroom cold and damp towels wet. Bathroom door horrendous squeaking. Nosiy heating system in the night and this is supposed to be executive room!!! spa - well what can i say sauna not bad steam room had steam vent hanging off wall and cold, hot tub average, showers in need of TLC. Cannot see me staying here again as was expensive for standard - bet standard rooms were nicwer and cheaper

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Gill M

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us last weekend.

I'm sorry to hear you were dissapointed and I can assure you we will look
to make immediate improvements where possible.

We do have an ongoing maintenance schedule within our spa and the shower area's are at the top of our list so hopefully should you visit again in the future you will see a difference.

If you do wish to stay again please e mail or call me personally and I will oversee your booking for you.

Travellers are raving about these Bromley Cross hotels

King Street Townhouse
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 118 in Manchester
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!