“A bit disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Leigh, United Kingdom
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The room was clean but very dated we upgraded thought it was pricy for what it was. The meal we had was disappointing hard frozen veg and fatty meat. There was sick on the steps which no one cleaned for ages and also a dead mouse near one of the kitchens outside. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jenine h
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Jenine H

I am very alarmed to read your comments following your recent visit to us.

Could I please ask you to contact me directly at the hotel so I can take some more information from you and therefore investigate your comments.

01204 873 500

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Bolton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went for lunch to the tea room. Ordered potato cake with bacon and tomatoes. Was told a wait of 20 minutes. There were only 10 people in the place. After an hour, I asked where my meal was and was told it was next! Finally, one hour and ten minutes later I received it. By this time my pot of tea was cold. When I complained, I was refunded all monies. The meal was very underwhelming. The tomatoes which I expected to be warm were cold, just added at the last minute and the bacon was full of white bits. This sort of bacon is the cheapest you can buy. I spoke to the lady behind the counter and to the Manager who said she would speak to the chef. All in all over an hour of my life wasted. God knows how long I would have waited if it had been busy! Not an experience to be repeated.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank kate1401
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Kate1401

I am sorry to read your review of your recent visit to our tea room.

I can confirm that myself and our Head Chef have taken your comments on board
and corrective actions have been implemented.

Should you wish to discuss this any further please feel free to contact me on the details below.

Travellers are raving about these Bromley Cross hotels

Ashington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went here on a Mystery tour with a coach company. We were very apprehensive but pleasantly surprised. The hotel had plenty of history which was all documented in the welcome pack in the room. The room was very clean and the bathroom was spotless. The room was on the ground floor but quite a trek from reception going through a cover way which could have been bad in wet windy weather. The food was excellent and the staff were friendly and very helpful. There was a comfortable bar area to enjoy an after meal drink.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank daved476
Dear Dave D

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to us. It is a pleasure to hear how you enjoyed your visit and I hope we may welcome you back again in the near future.

Wirral, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have now stayed at the Last Drop several times since I wrote my last review of it in February 2014, my latest stay being in May 2014. far from improving, this place has actually deteriorated even further! On the latest occasion:
1) On arrival, no record of me having been a guest here before, nor of my A-Club membership (again) despite having stayed on several occasions.
2) When I ordered drinks at the bar and asked for them to be charged to my room I was told there was no account open on my room, despite the booking being made by my business, and with the charges going back to them.
3) I sat down with colleagues to eat at our table, for which we had made a booking, at 8pm. Our starters arrived at 9pm and our main courses at 9:40pm
4) Despite the extended wait for our food, during which time we had finished our drinks and clearly had empty glasses in front of us, no-one asked if we would like to order any more until we eventually managed to flag a passing waiter down - despite all on duty that night seemingly trying to avoid any eye contact with us.
Following my last review, in which I also expressed my disappointment, I received a note from the Operations Manager to say that if I informed her of any future visit she would ensure better service. I didn't do this because I don't believe I should have to in order to receive even a reasonable level of customer service - and if it is necessary to do this, does that mean that all guests should do so?
Up to now this hotel has been on my company’s ‘preferred’ list for the area, something that probably now needs reviewing since I very much doubt if I will be staying there again.
If, after reading this, for some reason you still decide to stay there, then at least do yourself a favour and eat out in the evening!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Doug M
Dear Doug M

I am sorry to read your review of your recent experience with us, it is dissapointing to hear that on occasion we are still not delivering a high level of service.

I am at the hotel most days and can be contacted on the details below should you wish to discuss this any further with me.

St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Just come back from another great spa day. Really friendly staff on the spa reception, good facilities, love the hydrotherapy pool. Good treatments and the complimentary drinks are a great touch as well already planning our next girly trip here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dd2345
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Dd2345

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to us.

It is a pleasure to read your comments and our team will be equally pleased and encouraged by your review.

I look forward to us welcoming you again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed midweek one night
Was unable to book any spa treatments even though the hotel appeared very quite
Room was clean but tired looking
Spa pool was shabby with titles missing
Food was poor when I complained was given excuses
Arrived at 9.35 for breakfast to be told breakfast had finished I was not informed of the finish time on arrival and no information displayed on timings. Staff reluctant to supply food but when I complained was given toast and pastries
Was not asked if I was happy with my stay on check out, I had to inform them of my issues

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie M
Dear Julie M

I am sorry to hear you were dissapointed with your recent stay with us.

I have followed up this review with my management team and my Front of House Manager was the lady who checked you out and has since sent you an e mail, whilst we do not wish to dispute your comments she is dismayed as she personally asked you for your feedback after she was made aware of the situation at breakfast.

I am aware she has personally followed this up again with an e mail however should you wish to discuss this any further I can be contacted at the hotel most days on the details below.

01204 873 679
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here for only one night unfortunately, it was our only night of decent sleep during a whistle stop visit to the homeland. Excellent value, we paid around £60 for a night in a king sized room, very clean and comfortable, recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Beckwasthere

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed some rest & relaxation with us and hope that should you be visiting the area again you will choose to stay with us.

Jayne
King Street Townhouse
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 115 in Manchester
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!