“Surprisingly good....for the price!”

Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Me and three girlfriends stayed here on the last Saturday in June 2014 for a spa break to celebrate my 40th birthday. We initially tried to book this via a well known spa break website but they couldn't guarantee twin rooms so I rang the hotel directly. I paid about an extra £40 total to book directly. So glad I did though as we were put in two lovely rooms next door to each other (in the main hotel building not too far from Spa). Each room had a double and single (nb: proper single not one of those folding beds)....lovely big clean rooms. Robes and slippers provided. Looking at other reviews....I do wonder if the worst rooms are given to those booking through a third party ( hotel most probably giving them a discount and thus allocating lower grade rooms).

The break we were on included £35 spa treatment each and £20 dinner....meaning bed and breakfast only cost £30pp. For the price....I thought the whole experience was superb!

The Spa was lovely.....I just loved the part of the thermal pool when you swim "outside". The decleor treatments were fab.....all four girls really enjoyed their treatments. I paid extra so that I could have a body brush up/ full body massage......it was bliss! My therapist Natasha was brilliant....friendly without bring too chatty.

To top off a lovely day.....included in our package was a £20 meal allowance. You could either use this to order off the main menu or they had a £20 3 course set menu (and you paid extra for your drinks). We opted for the £20 set menu. So glad we did.....it was really, really lovely! The king prawn linguine was simply outstanding! Service was brilliant....very efficient and friendly. A lovely self service cooked breakfast the next day to cure our hangovers.

We have all agreed that we will return....it was fab! None of us could think of a single thing to complain about!

Tips: You can use spa before/after check out. Book treatments as late in the day as possible to allow time to enjoy pool/thermal suite first. Book treatments as early as possible to get best slots. You need a credit card (and pin) at check-in....this was almost a problem as I never use anything other than debit card! Don't do what we did and assume the only bar was the one next to the restaurant - we were gutted to find a separate pub the next morning....couldn't help but wonder what we'd missed.

Room Tip: The rooms we were in are listed as family rooms....ideal for two/three friends sharing (provided if...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Supermum67

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us.

It is a pleasure to share your review with our team who work very
hard to ensure we look after our guests.

We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

01204 873 500

Write a ReviewReviews (1,723)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked here as a last minute night away, and although I had read some fairly poor reviews, I was surprised that the stay went smoothly.
The rooms are tired, but clean, but not sure it was worth the price tag, even though I was upgraded. I found the staff to be polite and fairly efficient, although I was overcharged on my dinner bill, this was rectified quickly. Getting a drink was difficult; running out of tonic and prosecco is pretty inexcusable for a hotel of this calibre.
I would definitely go back, but I do think that the prices need to be reviewed or the rooms overhauled to be up to a standard worthy of the prices.

Dear Beth R

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit.

Myself and the management team use all our guest feedback
on board and will make improvements where required.

I do hope we will welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We recently stayed here whilst in town for a friend's wedding.
We were in a courtyard room which was a nice layout but in desperate need of a refurbishment. The bathroom was clean but chipped and a bit tired.
The bedroom was a nice size, but the armchair fabric was frayed and needed replacing. The mattress was soft and very bouncy which made it difficult to get a good nights sleep.
The location of the room was very nice, but the only window in the room (not including the bathroom) faced onto the courtyard so we had to keep the curtains closed for privacy, as we were on the ground floor.
The decor is in keeping with the overall decor of the hotel but needs a complete refresh, as the reception is very nice and classic/modern but the rooms weren't.
We used the gym whilst we were there and that again was in need of a refresh. Some of the machines weren't working and were a mix of old and new which added to the shabbiness of the facilities.
We only had breakfast once whilst we were there, and it was not worth the amount they were charging. As we prebooked it only cost £10, but had we gone in on the day it would have been £15 per person. The breakfast was nothing special and was the same as offered at a Premier Inn buffet. The other downside was that once we were shown to our table and where we needed to go for the hot option, we were not approached again. Coffee was brought around, but we weren't offered toast and although the breakfast menu offered some higher end options I would have expected from a hotel of this quality, we didn't know how to order it as there wasn't any staff around.
I doubt we would stay here again, the current price per night, even on a deal, is too high. However, subject to a refurb and overhaul we would consider it.

1  Thank MrsHPresents

Dear MrsHPresents

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Myself and the team here at the hotel use all our guest feedback
constructively and improvements are made where possible.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I am sitting in my room (308) writing this and not very happy!!! We booked this short stay direct with the hotel late on Friday night and arrived yesterday. It was a surprise break for my husband as it was a special wedding anniversary for us both yesterday.

I have 2 complaints..... We sat and had a few drinks at the drop inn pub. My husband went into the bar to get some drinks and stood about 10 minutes before getting served. The pub was left with NO member of staff to be seen. 2 woman were waiting alongside my hubby but after waiting 10min they eventually walked away disgusted. It could have been longer but my husband decided to use the bar telephone to phone reception and ask if there was any staff who could come and serve and he explained the reason why. They then sent someone over eventually!! How bad was this my husband said he cud have lifted a load of bottles of alcohol if he wanted or be away with cash out the till. Imagine if this was someone under age that was waiting in the pub they might have taken the chance to get free alcohol!!!!! Absolutely shocking!!!!

2nd complaint the courtyard bar.... Last night we went to have a celebration drink and some food. I Ordered at the bar and 1 hour later we still did not have our food. I complained to bar staff and 10 min later we eventually got our food. Was really disappointed especialy with it being our 30th wedding anniversary. Found the price for drink at courtyard bar a bit pricey!! Did report this to reception staff who was going to report this to duty manager. Something needs to be done about this. Quick as it is letting the hotel down. When I went to say I have a complaint the staff member said to me before I opened my mouth "is it about the restaurant" so I take it they do get a lot of complaints!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 308 is a lovely room I think it is an executive room
1  Thank annieFife

Dear anniefife

I am sorry to read of your dissapointment following your recent stay with us.

Myself and my Management Team will address the area's you have highlighted
and immediate improvements will be made.

If you wish to discuss this any further please do not hesitate to contact me.

01204 873500

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel could be used to recreate a Fawlty Towers weekend for coach trippers. It is probably the worst customer service we have experienced in a hotel. We tried to check in early (not silly early just an hour before) and were rudely told by the receptionist that she had 84 guests to check out and we had "no chance". Off we went - considered ourselves told!

We came back at 3pm ish (wanted to give her time to check all her guests out!) and checked in quickly. Our room was supposed to be a double (pre-booked on booking.com) but it wasn't until we returned from our day out that we discovered we had two singles pushed together. After a couple of calls to reception we were moved to a double. The room was grim - curtains hanging off, crack in toilet basin, crack in wash basin, one towel for two of us, no tea making facilities, the mattress was awful. Oh and outside our room we had a lovely view of the fans which whirred all night long. But since it was past 10pm we couldn't be bothered to call them again.

We raised the issues the following day and the manager on duty said he'd bring a towel etc etc and when we checked out at midday there was still no sign of it. The spa was decent, the outdoor heated pool is lovely, although it overlooks the car park. The steam room wasn't hot and there was a really bizarre local lady in the pool barking instructions on how to swim at my hubby and I and fellow guests. We ignored her but a note to the hotel - this is really off-putting for guests trying to have a relaxing break.

Breakfast was good. Cereals, fruit, yoghurts, fry-up. Toast (we were told by the waitress) only comes as burnt as the toasters were playing up.

The grounds are lovely. Most of the little shops were closed but it's nice to walk round.

I must add that our issues were dealt with post stay (after 3 phone calls).

We would not stay here again.

2  Thank Rachel P

Dear Rachel P

I'm sorry to read that you did not enjoy your recent visit to us however as you mention this has now been addressed.

If you'd like to discuss anything further please contact me via the details below.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I had heard of the last drop Village, but had never been, so being taken on a surprise Spa break with my 2 lovely daughters was a great treat. i was pleasantly surprised by whole place: The room was large, 1 double, 1 single + a put up bed- Comfortable and clean. Good qulity sheets and nice soft towels.

Although there was not an extensive menu, there were sufficient options on the set menu and all the food was excellent and very well served.
Breakfast - one of the best range of food I have come across!

The 'Village' bit made for somewhere to walk around and browse in the little shops. There was a wedding going on - great location.

Spa bit - good sized swimming pool, a choice of sauna, steam rooms + inside and outside little jacuzzi pool - brilliant for relaxing, but got full quickly.

The spa offer at £76 was very good. Use of towelling dressing gowns and slippers available (but rather large!)
Range of 30 min treatments available in very pleasant treatment rooms and 20% off any extra treatments. Will come again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank marion_baird

Dear Marion_Baird

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to us.

It is a pleasure to share your comments with the team and I hope we will welcome
you again soon.

Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Best Western Cresta Court Hotel
Premier Inn Bolton (Stadium/Arena) Hotel

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!