“No complaits”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bromley Cross
Poole, United Kingdom
“No complaits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just a quick one i found this hotel ok for the price we payed on a coach trip., the food was realy good and the breakfast was one of the best i have had.also staff very good.Only down side the bar prices were over the top, but would visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Terence C

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit.

It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will see you again soon.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The room I had was very comfortable and clean. The staff was helpful and kind.
The spa, well that's the best bit after a long day traveling with Newmarket holidays who I might add was excellent and peter the tour manager was brilliant.
The spa was excellent, lots to do, swim, sauna, spa, steam room.
Please go and see.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fox07
h6634_om, Operations Manager at Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Fox07

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent trip to us with your tour group.

It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Boston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Initial impressions are very positive, however the room was very ordinary, no AC, TV didn't show many normally free to view channels and took an age to respond to any change. Only one large towel for two people.
On the more positive side staff are very attentive and the breakfast was great with lots of choice

Dear Alfred63

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit to us.

We are always looking for ways to improve and your review is very appreciated.

I hope we will welcome you back again in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I just stayed here with a coach party, and it was ok, but I wouldn't stay again. The check in process was ok, we were already assigned rooms and were asked to choose our evening meal. There was a good selection, meat, fish and veggie options.

The twin room was nice enough, very large and very clean, albeit dated. Bathroom was clean and tidy, but the shower kept going cold, then too hot, and it was little more than a dribble. There was a radiator next to the toilet, and it was red hot. On the courtesy letter we were given, it said something about a fuse switch that controls the radiatior, so we switched it the other way. The radiator just got even hotter, so we gave up.

The temperature of the room wasn't too bad considering it was a muggy summer's day, and the bedding was nice and kept me quite comfortable. Pillows were rock hard though, and my ear hurt the next morning.

The evening meal was included, and I have to say, was absolutely delicious, no complaints whatsoever about that. However, there were only 2 people serving a large group, and we were having our dinner in the pub accross the road, so they had to seemingly bring our food from the kitchen in the main hotel. Not great hygeine-wise. The bar service was very slow. One woman waited 10 minutes then gave up.

The breakfast was good selection-wise, but was only lukewarm. It did fill me up for most of the day, though, so it served its purpose. The lad serving the coffee and toast was polite and did a good job of looking after everyone.

The main gripe I had with this hotel is the wafer thin walls in the Orrell Cottage block. There was a main entrance door close to the rooms and it slammed shut every time someone went outside, shaking the building. I also had to ask the next door neighbour's to be quiet, as they came back drunk and very loud. I could hear every single word they were saying, and even their snoring when they finally did go to sleep. I don't think I got more than 3 hours sleep all night.

I didn't use the spa facilities so can't comment on that. The setting was beautiful and very serene. The little shops right next to the hotel were very sweet.

All in all, it was ok for one night considering we got a very cheap package deal, but I wouldn't choose to stay here again. I don't sleep very heavily as it is, so if you do stay here and are a light sleeper, the Orrell Cottage is not recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveller1975boo
Dear Traveller1975boo

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to us.

Please be assured we review all our guest feedback and are always looking
for ways to improve our service so your comments are appreciated.

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Lovely room, great breakfast, cracking scenery and uber friendly staff. Perfect place for a business trip, so you can relax after a long day. Would definitely stay again. Very pleasantly surprised, got a great deal, paying about £55 a night. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Damien J
Dear Damien J

Many thanks for your "Uber" great review of your recent stay with us :)

It is a pleasure to share your comments with our team and I hope we will
welcome you again in the future.

Durham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my mum on the 12th July, we were on a coach trip as a birthday treat. Room was ok basic no hot chocolate or biscuits in room but I expect this was because we were on coach trip.

We were booked in for evening meal at 6.30pm which I thought was a bit early but we weren't too bothered as we had arranged to meet some friends after dinner. I couldn't believe that as we were still in the restaurant at 8.20pm waiting for desserts, there was one poor waiter serving 47 guests. The kitchen had a pre order from all guests prior to dinner so there were no excuses for such a slow service, it got so bad that some of the desserts came out and were put on a table while the waiter went to deal with other guests so we had to help our selves.

I know the hotel doesn't get as much money from tours but we expect at least some level of service totally unacceptable.

The weather was sticky and although I understand the rooms would be warm when I rang reception and asked for a fan the receptionist told me due to health & safety they didn't provide fans. I work in the hotel industry and would advise to buy some fans and get them PAC tested and have them available for the comfort of guests.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ashley M
Dear Ashley M

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent trip to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you were dissapointed with your visit, I can assure you
that weher possible immediate corrective actions will be taken to address any issues.

We welcome many coach parties & groups to the hotel and therefore this review does surprise
me somewhat however I am confident that should you find yourself visiting again you will enjoy
a much better experience.

Travellers are raving about these Bromley Cross hotels

Crowborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Beautiful grounds. Interesting setting with shops,tea room and pub on site. Staff at check in helpful. Surprised to find there were no leaflets available for things to do in the area however. A good tip is to book breakfast when you arrive as it then costs £10 instead of £15. The breakfast choice is very good. Bar prices are very high and in my opinion the food in the restaurant is overpriced and only average quality. Spa facilities and swimming pool were very good.

1 Thank O1243HISusanP
Dear 01243SusanP

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review.

It is a pleasure to hear how you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will welcome you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley Cross
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 116 in Manchester
Premier Inn Bolton (Stadium/Arena) Hotel
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!