Came as part of a coach party. I had previously e-mailed Reception to reserve a ground floor room with a walk-in shower. The reply said that a ground floor double room had been booked, and that none of the rooms had a walk-in shower. On arrival, the girl denied having seen any e-mail request. However the room on the first floor was acceptable since the bath edge was not too high. It was a good size and quiet. I wonder what had happened to the e-mail promise ?
Another guest was heard to be complaining at Reception that his promised Conference facilities had not been provided. He was not happy.
The breakfast service was well-provided with a good range of food and very helpful staff.
However, the dinner service was terrible, taking over two hours to serve pre-ordered food to about 45 clients. I have never had to wait so long, even in less developed countries ! There was obviously a big shortage of staff in this area. Following complaints to Reception, we had one dinner served by a more senior manager in less than one hour ! So, it could be done....
A speaker, talking about the local area, should have been booked for the first evening. This had been overlooked and nobody came. A different speaker was provided for the second evening, at about thirty minutes notice. He gave a different talk which, although well-presented, did not really fit the original expectation.
Overall, I shudder to think what a large conference or other gathering would be presented with in the way of service.
Oh, by the way, the bar prices seemed to be very high. I understand that there are two ordinary pubs within ten minutes walk !!
GOOD LUCK !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3 star hotel is a collection of 18th-century farmhouses with 128 rooms, located on the edge of the Pennine Moors. Ideal for visiting Manchester, Bolton, Preston, Blackpool, Haydock Racecourse, Chester Zoo or the nearby Ribble Valley. 25 min from Manchester city centre and close to major road networks. Self contained conference centre accommodating up to 700 delegates. Courtyard Restaurant, Courtyard bar, Tea Shop, and Spa Naturel including indoor pool, technogym, sauna and beauty rooms. 24 hour room service, free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Lastminute, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel Bolton
- Mercure Last Drop Village Hotel And Spa
- Last Drop Village Bolton
- Last Drop Hotel Bolton
- Accor Last Drop Village Hotel