“Impressive”

Holiday Inn Express Burnley
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Burnley
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Spacious room, comfortable bed, great breakfast and friendly efficient staff at check in check out and in between. Whats not to like. Lots of car park space and Tv channels. I was impressed from start to finish.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reservations B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burnley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted of your positive feedback regarding the hotel overall. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around and we hope to welcome you back here in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a colleague on a business trip. After an initial problem with the booking where the reception member of staff made us feel like it was our fault rather than our Admin departments! We left her to sort this out and retired to our rooms however when we came back down for dinner to a reception that was pretty much empty and sat relaxing for half an hour, I had to ask if the problem had been sorted to which she informed it had!?!
I then took this opportunity to point out that the AC in my room was not working and this same member of staff could not be more helpful and told me she would sort it out for me.
She came back to me and explained she couldn't get it to work however had put a little electric heater in my room.
I had the fish cake for starter and the burger for main. This was ok and arrived promptly.
The room was spotlessly clean and the beds comfortable. The shower was great and any toiletries could be obtained from reception.
Breakfast had a good selection however it was mostly Continental and the only 'English' options were beans, sausages and scrambled egg?!
A good place to stay if you are in that neck of the woods and would stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burnley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Justin H,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted of your positive feedback regarding the quality and amenities in your room accommodation as well as our breakfast option. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectation in particular the issues with air conditioning unit and our front desk services. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments will be forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary option to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 November 2013

By far the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at.

Not a spec of dust, hair or anything out of place. Staff were friendly, breakfast was good (but I felt there wasn't much choice compared to other HIE's I've stayed at previously. Also the breakfast room was tiny and you felt like you were going to get your breakfast from a Pantry. Perhaps better lighting or some artwork on the walls would def help to make that more pleasant.

The shower was AMAZING! perfect balance between hot and cold and easy to use. Spacious and very well laid out bathroom. Loved the standard 180degree viewing mirror and lighting throughout the room and bathroom is something that should be given a special mention.

TV quality was excellent too and plenty of room to walk around even with a sofa bed open.

The beds however, were not the best. The sofa bed was indeed a simple sofa bed. Other HIE's have a pull out sofa bed with a proper mattress, this one was no where near what you need for a decent nights sleep. The promised variety of hard/soft variety of pillows were not present, just four lumps of rock hard pillows that looked a bit too worn out.

Parking is adequate but I wonder if there would be enough spaces if they were fully booked.

Although the motorway is on one side of the hotel there was no traffic noise at all and the location was very easy to get to.

Overall, supremely clean (and I've stayed in a lot of hotels in the UK and abroad), very well built no creaking floors or sound through the doors in the corridors. Polite staff, good layout inside and out and if need be I would stay again but would request a better bed if possible! :)

Room Tip: All the rooms seem fine, we had a carpark view and were quite happy with it as there's lots of r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kerian B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burnley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. The great news is we are replacing some of the sofa beds with the new design. This is a phased programe and we will gradually replace them all as the rooms are refurbished with the Holiday Inn Express Blue scheme.

Breakfast is complimentary and therefore the choice is built around a continental selection but your comments are noted as we do periodically review the guest feedback and update the selection of dishes available.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was cheaper than the Premier Inn in the town, for the nights I was booking, so this was a no-brainer for me from the start.

The hotel was very clean and very quiet for the 3 nights I was there. Room and facilities were fine. Hotel is a very solid construction, so you don't hear people creaking about in rooms above like you do in most Premier Inns.

Plenty of parking.

If using the hotel for work, please note that there is a bottle neck when you exit the road from the hotel to the M65 roundabout. End up sitting for several minutes in a queue waiting to get on the roundabout in rush hour, though there is no problem at weekends.

In my opinion, this is an excellent hotel if you're staying in the area for business. Also excellent location if you're coming up to go to Turf Moor. Easy walk down the canal which brings you out near the big Tesco's at the bottom of Centenary Way.

Food was okay. Not that expensive in my experience of many Premier Inns and Beefeaters/Thyme/Table Table etc.Quick, professional and polite service.

Only thing that let it down was the breakfast. It was all buffet, though there wasn't much choice for hot food.

Can't complain though as the B&B price was so good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review your feedback is appreciated.
The traffic lights at the top of the road are new and have made a big difference to the traffic and eased the congestion.

The complimentary breakfast is a limited hot offer which supports a continental selection which is a brand standard but your feedback is valuable as this is reviewed periodically.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and I do hope to see you in Burnley in the future

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Have stayed at is hotel twice when visiting family and looking to book a third visit for December.

Rooms are very clean and modern. The bathroom is big and has a good and powerful shower.

Breakfast is always great but the room it is served in is very small and can be quite a squash at peak times.

Free wifi is provided at this hotel which is always a bonus!

All in all, great service and a comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the motorway side as if you're a light sleeper like myself it can be quite...
Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed one night prior to a family funeral.

It was very easily found (Junction 10 M56) and signposted from the roundabout

Disabled facilities were excellent, room on the ground floor, walk in shower and plenty of grips and things to hold on to. The sink was a bit wobbly if you leant on it

Bed was comfortable , tv had lots of freeview channels add on free wi-fi and it ticked all the right boxes.

Heating was a bit of a puzzle, I eventually got it to a reasonable temperature.

Breakfast buffet was good although a rasher of bacon would not have went amiss
and it had real toasters not those horrible contraptions that either leave untoasted or incinerated

If we arever in this area again we would certainly stay here again

Room Tip: My cousin was also stayed here and said the rooms at the back were subject to traffic noise (M65) w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed this week for work. On arriving there were dozens of mattresses in front of the lift and stairs, making it difficult to get into the lift. Rooms typical HI Ex rooms, sofa bed in room has side hanging off and caught leg on it a few times.

Set aircon to max temp, and didn't make a difference (note to self, don't go in winter), but being fair I stay in lots of hotels that try to use these unified air-con units and they never seem to heat effectively.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burnley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Durham_Bloke_UK,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property.

I sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had during your arrival and truly sorry for the inconvenience you encountered with the air conditioning system. We deeply regret that we were not able to exceed or at least meet your expectations.

I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
1 mi away
Old Stone Trough Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelbrook
6 mi away
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Burnley? Share your experiences!