“portman road”

Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our food is fresh & sourced locally to embrace the flavours of the region. We are Taste Lancashire Highest Quality Assured & members of Made in Lancashire. We offer an extensive wine & also cask ales for which we achieved The Cask Marque Award. Upstairs we have a separate function room for private dining or business occasion. You can always be guaranteed a warm welcome & friendly service.
Reviewed 9 May 2013

found to be a very nice place to eat and drink, the menu had a nice selection to choose from and priced very reasonable, the food was excellent and the service very friendly and did not have to wait too long to be served.

1  Thank portmannroad

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Last minute decision to take my wife and daughter for Sunday lunch. What a disappointment compared to our previous visits. Roast beef was tough as shoe leather and inedible (chef apologised and refunded). Lamb was tasteless. Baby carrots were not topped or cleaned properly so had grit in them. Food was all piled up with a Yorkshire pud on top. These people have been watching Masterchef but learned nothing!

Other diners were cancelling puddings when they got their mains.

It's a shame that such a lovely pub has lost it's way. We won't be back until the reviews improve.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Oh Dear! This used to be a local favourite of mine but it has deteriorated rapidly in the last few months. Has there been a change of owners? The bill for 4 people was £110 for poor service and very poor food (Sunday roast or what was available of it). I was so embarrassed to have recommended it to my companions that I paid the bill myself and I swore never to go back. I've calmed down now but I will take some convincing before I make a return visit. Please get it back to what it once was!

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Great food,went for valentines day, would go again,service great very freindly staff have been for bar meals also good.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Called for lunch with friends on Friday lunchtime, nice and warm with a lovely log fire, attentive staff and good beer. Menu was nothing exciting but the usual pub fare which was fine. The black pudding was lovely but a bit on the meagre side, however I do realise it was a starter so shouldn't really complain, the hot roast beef sandwich was also voted a hit but they really do need to learn how to make a proper Lancashire Hotpot, this was very disappointing I have never seen one that looked like it had been pressed in a mould, it didn't look particularly good and this proved to be the case. So sorry Sparrowhawk you didn't come up to the mark.