“quantity over quality”

Sycamore Farm Pub Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 172 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This place has the most amazing cakes I have ever seen and tasted. They are all home made cakes and they are delightful....
Egremont, United Kingdom
“quantity over quality”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Called in 4 lunch, dont know the area, so it was a random visit! My husband and I both had scampi & chips, wow wot a plate full, however the quality of the scampi was poor, myself and my husband would have been happy to sacrifice half of the quantity for better quality! That said maby we made totally the wrong choice as the carvary looked amazing!

2 Thank mollyskye_

“Value for money everytime”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Been here a few times with the kids excellent food everytime kids meals are reasonably priced and plenty on the plate. Theres a little play area to keep the kids entertained should you have to wait for a table, desserts are massive everyone should try one

• Visited June 2014
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Value for food A*”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I came here for lunch and I chose a light bite on the back of the menu. It was huge! I had ciabatta with chips, salad and gravy. I was just expecting the sandwich. My colleague had a side dish and he couldn't finish that. The value for money is really good. The meal was very cheap. The restaurant it very nice, the bathrooms are spotless and the staff are friendly :) I would definitely eat here again!

1 Thank JacobHeath
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Terrible!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Food seems to have gone downhill again. Had raw parsnips and dry chicken, the stuffing also looked like it had been sat in the kitchen all day. Awful.

Bucks, England
“A great carvery and fabulous puddings”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Visited during half term as a group of 7. We have eaten here many times, whenever we have visited family in Nelson. The pub is always busy but up until this visit the service has always been good. This time we waited 45 minutes for our food because there weren't as many people serving on as on previous visits. The portion size is good and the food , although not fancy, is always well cooked. We always enjoy the carvery and even the children's portions are huge. I noticed the addition of a salad bar this time. My son loves the Mars Attacks cake - enormous! Well worth a visit with a family.

• Visited May 2014