“Satisfactory”

Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on a gorgeous countryside farm, The Bentleywood Farm is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and is sure to cater for all your needs. We have a beautiful beer garden surrounded by the rolling Lancashire hills to enjoy in the summer, and our warm and welcoming interiors provide a cosy atmosphere for the colder months. We’re near Blackburn, Halifax and Bury – located just off the M65. The perfect pit stop for nearby walking routes along the canal and country parks or when visiting Gawthorpe Hall or Burnley FC Turf Moor stadium, you will be spoilt for choice with our great selection of grills, award winning rotisserie chicken and fresh unlimited salad bar. Coupled with a friendly and welcoming team, The Bentleywood Farm is an ideal place to meet up with family or friends. We’re also a great place for business meetings, offering free Wifi throughout the restaurant and popular Early Bird and lunch menus.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Reading through the reviews it would seem very hit or miss as to the experience you have here. My friend and I arrived on a Saturday afternoon, first visit since becoming 'Ploughmans Table', and were quickly seated by the friendly server. There were only a handful of people in so service was quick and efficient. The waiter was very accommodating and seemed knowledgeable about the food and even offered to make us cocktails which were not on the menu.

The menu itself had a reasonable choice and I opted for the southern fried chicken burger and my friend had the chicken & Chorizo stack. Mine was fine although I did have to send it back because they had forgotten to put the burger sauce on but my friend was not keen on hers. She said it was because she didn't like the chicken being covered in sauce. Having just looked at the menu again online, I see that the description for the meal she had made no mention of the tomato based sauce (see pic) or that it would be smothering the chicken. It describes a 'stack' of chicken and chorizo served with house gravy so I can see why she was a little disgruntled.

With regard to the salad bar, we were not offered it but I had noticed on the back of the menu that it said free with any main course so mentioned it and was told yes, help yourselves. The bowls/plates were clean and the salad was fresh and there was a good variety which included rolls & butter and a selection of sauces.

To conclude, we were mostly satisfied with our food and happy with the service and had this been our first visit without reading the other reviews, we may have returned but there are clearly issues which need immediate attention. Yes the decor is tired but that can be forgiven if the quality of food is good and as the reviews show, that is an area that leaves a lot to be desired. Would I recommend this restaurant? honestly I would be reluctant to in case you had a bad experience like some of the other diners but things can improve and I would suggest that they have to if this business is to keep going so you will have to make up your own mind, taking everything into consideration.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived at 5pm Sunday. We were shown to a table and given menus. We were not told there was a salad bar. I ordered the roast beef Sunday lunch. It subsequently arrived and looked good. Unfortunately there was one carrot, one green bean but a pile of cold broccoli. The Yorkshire pudding was a soggy mess. So disappointing. My partners steak was okay although served with a cold practically raw mushroom. We were not asked how things were as the two young staff were busy running around like kids, trying to see who could collect an empty glass !!! The young girl was cleaning the tables although spraying the cleaning liquid around the condiments on one table and the cutlery on another. We ought to have been wary as the place was practically empty at Sunday teatime. An experience never to be repeated.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a meal with family. Very limited menu. The salad bar was disgusting all the vegetables were dry and shrivelled. When our meals arrived my daughter had to send her burger back as it was pink in the middle. This came back and was still pink and all the manager said was that it was 82 degrees which is the legal temp for food. My roast dinner was not the best the beef was ok but the frozen roast potatoes had black bits in them. The frozen parsnips were rock hard, gravy was like watet and my carrots had what looked like black sequins on them. The manager knocked the price of the burger off our bill that was there apology.
I would not recommend anybody eating here. Shocking food and managerial service. There is also nowhere on the internet where you can send a complaint to which i find odd. The only decent thing about the restaraunt is the land it is on it has lovely views.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped here for Breakfast whilst we were travelling to our holiday destination. They offered great value for money and the staff were incredibly helpful and polite. A much better experience than stopping at a service station so we would recommend to anyone in a similar position.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Hadn't been for ages (went last when it was a Harvester) - we ordered the lemon and lime spatchcock chicken each, but we got the rotisserie chicken with lumpy gravy each. They only sell two types of half chicken so wouldn't have thought that was hard to get wrong. Did point it out to the waitress - angling for a discount or free drinks but no such luck :-)