“Fantastic! Vegetarian and wheelchair friendly visit”
Review of Babar Elephant at Fence - CLOSED

Babar Elephant at Fence
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited here while camping locally. Despite me being a vegetarian that eats limited vegetables and a wheelchair user, this was a brilliant eating experience. I find it very difficult to find food I can eat at Indian restaurants. Everything here on the a la carte menu could be adapted for my needs. I was in heaven. I ended up having the blussi with paneer and potatoes instead of meat. It was yummy. The staff were all charming and attentive and the customer service second to none. They even bent over backwards to make up a lemon and ginger tea as they had none on the menu and I just fancied one. As they made it experimentally they didn't even charge! And it was just what I wanted. I can't speak more highly of this restaurant. My husband is sitting next to me in sated bliss as he thoroughly enjoyed it too. They even have adequate disabled toilets! Please try this eatery, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank nibby71

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My fiance booked this restaurant the night he proposed as a surprise and when we arrived all our family were there. We couldn't have gone anywhere better, it was fantastic, the food was amazing and the staff made us feel special from begin to end of the night even buying in steak for one of our guests who didn't like Indian food. It was valentines night and the music was fantastic, we had the best evening and were able to stay at our table all night to enjoy the entertainment. We returned last night for a meal and again service and food was amazing. I cannot recommend this place enough. Max the owner was very welcoming and couldnt do enough for us. Another fantastic evening.....this will definitely be one of our regulars. Thanks to all the staff for a great night!!!!

1  Thank kate8353
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We have just got back from babar elephant at fence.. Excellent food and service and reasonably priced. We had 2 starters and 2 mains and drinks each for £42 not inc tip.. Can't fault it best Indian we have had in a while. Thanks babar elephant we will be coming back soon

1  Thank Kirsty M
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Husband and I ate here midweek. Found the food to be below average, staff ok but all in all nothing to rave about. Tried it once, won't be back I'm afraid. We'll stick to the Spice of India in Nelson for a really good curry with excellent service.

2  Thank Freemason1
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We've eaten at the Baba Elephant loads of times and enjoyed every meal. The menu has some good choices, with some curry's I have not heard of, but can't wait to try! The waiting staff are very friendly and helpful, and the service is excellent. When we have taken our children, the waiting staff made a bit of a fuss of them and made them feel welcome. When I have asked any questions about certain dish's, the staff are more than happy to explain the in's and out's of the dish. We look forward to our next visit, and I am determined to work my way through the entire menu! Best Curry House in Burnley!

1  Thank Matt E