“Amazing!!”

Bistro 197
Ranked #1 of 172 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bistro 197 is a family run business providing great food in a relaxed atmosphere ensuring the customer has the best experience.
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Been here a few times and it's always exceptional! The food is delicious and the staff are great. Can't wait to visit again next week.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Carly-Coo182

burnley lancashire
“Yet another superb meal!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Well I suppose I am now running out of compliments for Bistro 197! Having dined here 4 times now the food is superb as always with great choice of wines & a lovely atmosphere , the private table at the back of the restaurant is now our regular haunt if you require a more private\ romantic setting , my favourite restaurant
By a mile ,well done to all concerned!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank wozer
Cliviger
“What a lovely experience”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Sometimes you read reviews and you wonder if they are exaggerating. Well my wife and I truly enjoyed a most delightful experience.
The whole ambience at 197 is excellent.We went for a very special occasion and we hope to return after treatment is ended.
The meal was truly excellent. My wife said her pan seared cod fillet on a bed of spinach and chick peas with cauliflower purée,onion bhaji,buttered samphire, with caper and raisin vin was delicious. It was a lovely thick piece of fish cooked to perfection.
I had a very nice sirloin,med.rare with chunky chips,mushroom,tomato,3 crispy onion rings with a side dish of peppercorn sauce..
There is a lovely small selection of sweets. I chose a lovely honey with honeycomb panacotta served in a delightful glass jar. It was delicious. My wife chose to have a chocolate fondant with vanilla parfait and rhubarb jelly - again excellent
With drinks the meal cost under £60. Maybe slightly dearer than some restaurants but certainly worth every penny
The service,attention to detail, in fact the whole ambience of the place made a special evening.
We will return.

3 Thank mushypeaman
Burnley
“Another Tasty Visit”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Visited with my granddaughter
I had Spicy Chicken Kebabs....
Absolutely delicious ..
Generous helping...
She had Chorizo Pasta dish
We shared the homemade Garlic bread ..
Again absolutely delicious ..
So reasonably priced..
Can't wait for our next visit...Lovely atmosphere...Couldn't ask for a happier staff...sunny....obliging...Aimee you are such a caring person ...an asset to Bistro 197

• Visited June 2014
“the jewel in Burnley's crown”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Visited on a Thursday night in June with my colleague. From the outside it looks like someone's house, but inside its a chilled out bistro, fantastically decorated, really welcoming. Food was excellent. Service was quick. Served by the owners beautiful daughter who was so welcoming and had a great smile.

1 Thank Jon C