“Excellent - you must visit”
Review of Bistro 197

Bistro 197
Ranked #1 of 173 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bistro 197 is a family run business providing great food in a relaxed atmosphere ensuring the customer has the best experience.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent - you must visit”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had heard such good reviews about this place & learnt that you had to book well ahead. I booked for my husband's birthday meal one Saturday night. We managed to get in cos we booked for 6pm.
Staff/owners were very attentive telling us all about the history of the place (we had eaten there many times when it was the Cinnamon Tree).
Food was excellent. Complementary (home-made I think) bread and oils to start. Immediately brought jug of iced water which we usually have to ask for in other restaurants.
All in all a good experience and we will go again with other members of our family.

We tried to eat there once more a few weeks later - breakfast on Saturday. Unfortunately they don't offer breakfasts!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Anko25

Burnley, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Been here a few times and it's always exceptional! The food is delicious and the staff are great. Can't wait to visit again next week.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Carly-Coo182
burnley lancashire
“Yet another superb meal!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Well I suppose I am now running out of compliments for Bistro 197! Having dined here 4 times now the food is superb as always with great choice of wines & a lovely atmosphere , the private table at the back of the restaurant is now our regular haunt if you require a more private\ romantic setting , my favourite restaurant
By a mile ,well done to all concerned!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank wozer
Cliviger
“What a lovely experience”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Sometimes you read reviews and you wonder if they are exaggerating. Well my wife and I truly enjoyed a most delightful experience.
The whole ambience at 197 is excellent.We went for a very special occasion and we hope to return after treatment is ended.
The meal was truly excellent. My wife said her pan seared cod fillet on a bed of spinach and chick peas with cauliflower purée,onion bhaji,buttered samphire, with caper and raisin vin was delicious. It was a lovely thick piece of fish cooked to perfection.
I had a very nice sirloin,med.rare with chunky chips,mushroom,tomato,3 crispy onion rings with a side dish of peppercorn sauce..
There is a lovely small selection of sweets. I chose a lovely honey with honeycomb panacotta served in a delightful glass jar. It was delicious. My wife chose to have a chocolate fondant with vanilla parfait and rhubarb jelly - again excellent
With drinks the meal cost under £60. Maybe slightly dearer than some restaurants but certainly worth every penny
The service,attention to detail, in fact the whole ambience of the place made a special evening.
We will return.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank mushypeaman
Burnley
“Another Tasty Visit”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Visited with my granddaughter
I had Spicy Chicken Kebabs....
Absolutely delicious ..
Generous helping...
She had Chorizo Pasta dish
We shared the homemade Garlic bread ..
Again absolutely delicious ..
So reasonably priced..
Can't wait for our next visit...Lovely atmosphere...Couldn't ask for a happier staff...sunny....obliging...Aimee you are such a caring person ...an asset to Bistro 197

• Visited June 2014