“Great Hotel”

Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Burnley
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Having stayed here a few times, I felt I had write and give my comments on such a great hotel, and cannot understand any negative comments made. Everytime we have stayed the standard of room has been excellent and the staff have always gone out of there way to be helpfull and friendly (big thank you to Jamie for geting us such a loveley room on our last visit!). Looking forward to staying again with you soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jannine96
BWOaksHotel, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you for your comments.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your visits to BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel and Leisure Club and that you enjoyed your room on your last visit.

Your comments will be passed on to the team members and Jamie.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stay at this hotel occasionally.. On my recent visit I left some items in the room. It was nice to see that they had recorded who had stayed in the room and put them to one side ready for my return.
I've left things at other hotels in the past and items seem to disappear!
Thanks The Oaks.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you have been satisfied with the service you have been receiving at BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel and Leisure Club and will continue to return.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Attending the nearby Rhythm and Blues festival in Colne, we found this hotel online. Having stayed in a Best/Great Western on a couple of previous occasions, I felt confident that I would receive value for money.
For £58.50 for a double standard room, we felt that value for money we received.
The building and grounds are beautiful and, whilst the rooms are fairly basic, they are clean and have all that is necessary for a night (or two) away. I particularly liked the lavender pillow mist provided. The decor is a little old fashioned in the main building, but for me and like many Best Westerns, I like this as adds to the feel of staying in a lovely old building, steeped in history.
Unfortunately we forgot to bring the necessary items, but there is a leisure club and pool available for guests to use. All in all a satisfying stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PollyProzac

Thank you for your review of Best Western Oaks Hotel and Leisure Club.

I am pleased to hear you were satisfied with your visit to the hotel and hope you enjoyed the local festival.

We do hope we will see you again when visiting the area.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I booked a room through a last minute room website, and saved £25. The room was clean but basic. I thought I would need a sat nav to find my room, up a flight of stairs along a corridor, down a flight of stairs and along another corridor - free workout!!!

My view of the rear carpark and dustbins wasn't ideal; but I wasn't staying there for the view.

I was tempted to order breakfast in bed, but the room didn't have a pen so I didn't get chance to which was a disappointment.

The room was very very warm, and the window only opens about 2cm :-(

Room Tip: Book a double room even if you're on your own,
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Best Western Oaks Hotel and Leisure Club.
We do often have special offers on so we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed at the hotel for one night and have to say the main reception area, bar, lounge and communal areas were really quite beautiful as they were part of the old house. We found our room to be clean, spacious and adequate for our stay and we considered it to be value for money for the price we paid, which we think is important to remember when submitting a review, and based on this, would rate the hotel a little higher than 'average'. Some of the rooms are quite a 'treck' with stairs, so it may not be suitable for people with mobility difficulties. Breakfast was fine, it was busy morning and some of the food ran out which we had to wait for, but not for very long. The spa area and pool was a bonus and we found the staff at the hotel to be friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you here again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

The only reason I put this one in the average category is the amount of stairs involved to get to any room...there is no elevator, so if you are handicapped, you would want to choose another hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean with modern bathrooms. Staff are very helpful and after an exhausting trip to our room for my in-laws, who have difficulties walking great distances and with stairs, one of the staff members showed me a short cut through a banquet room that saved us time and steps when going back to the dining room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of the Best Western Oaks Hotel and Leisure Club.

I am pleased you found the rooms comfortable and the staff helpful.

The hotel does contain many stairs however we do have ground floor rooms with alternative access points should these be available.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Just returned from a two night stay at the Oaks hotel. The staff, well one member of staff who serves breakfast with a smile and sense of humour, were pleasant and the hotel boasts stunning hotel windows in the main foyer.
You have to be fit to stay here. The amount of stairs required to get to our room left me breatess as did the distance required to carry your bags.
The pool is small and is not ideal for smaller children as is gets deep with little notice.
The room was poor. We had a family room with a tiny window which had a lovely view of a wall! The bunk beds were tired and creaked at every move of the kids. Our bed was worn and bowed so the dip meant we were forced to the middle. So poor sleep is assured.
Finally, whilst we stayed the hotel foyer smelled of sewage. When mention to the non smiling receptionist I was informed the maintainable person was on holiday. Oh dear! I cannot explain how after a night of fitful sleep on a poor bed listening to creaking bunks and being greatest with a smell of sewage first thing in the morning does for your appetite for breakfast.
I feel sad writing this as it would be do easy to have changed so much with do little effort. No official recognition of the smell was a catestrophic failure and the poor tired beds could and should be replaced.
Having stayed at a number of Best Western hotels before this has to rate as one of my worst experiences. The hotel appears to have no lift so make sure you are in prime health before you contemplate booking here.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Guy D
BWOaksHotel, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied by your stay and shall investigate the issues you have raised.

Your comments help us improve our standards and service and we thank you for this.

Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Foxfields Country Hotel
Foxfields Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Billington

Been to Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!