“nice hotel, amazing helpful staff”

Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Burnley
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just returned from a 2 night family break here, got to say a lovely hotel, the staff couldn't do enough for us, the family room had 2 bunkbeds which were really sturdy, but we were a long long way from the dining room and reception which would've been tricky with a pushchair. The breakfast staff weren't at all fazed by my daughter showering our table with cornflakes, and we were attended to very quickly. The leisure club was spotless, free towels and lockers and a really nice ambience. Overall if I ever were forced to stay in burnley, I would definitely stay here, but you wouldn't particularly want to wander out of the grounds.

Room Tip: Our room 163 had no view out of the window, just a brick wall, but was very handy for the leisure cl...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review with regards to your recent stay. I was delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. If you are in the Burnley area again I hope we can welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Well the positive side - the staff are friendly and attentive; the breakfasts are OK.
The old building is beautiful and situated in a spacious garden.

We come back to Burnley every year to catch up with friends. 2 years ago we said never again would we stay at the Oaks. But we returned this year as it's location really suits us well.

Value for money, I do have to say is fair.

The rooms, oh dear! We booked an Executive Room in the main building. Pendle View .... well I can only describe this as false advertising as Room 104 has a view of the air conditioner units of other rooms with other windows looking on into this room. To make this worse - we complained about this on our first visit and were moved rooms and sure as goodness we were given the same room again! The mattress, is fit for a dog, used soft and lumpy where you roll into the middle!

We used room service, which was ok but on one occasion was poor but I did learn the next morning that some difficult guests were staying so I do understand. Room Cleanliness, okish until I came back one evening to find the coffee cup still next to my bed from the morning. The drawers in the cupboard weren't too clean either!

My pet complaint, why must the cleaning staff vacuum outside the dining room when having breakfast? We were the early risers either?

Room Tip: Go there not having high expectations and you won't be disappointed. Don't accept the keys f...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and attentive.
I was disappointed that some aspects of your stay did not meet with your expectations. I will discuss your feedback and see how we can improve moving forwards.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had a family meal on Mother's Day and it was very good. The staff were lovely and nothing was to much trouble, my husband asked for extra vegetables and was promptly given extra without ant qualms. Would highly recommend the restaurant and we will return in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Mother's Day lunch with us. I will share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. We were overwhelmed by the outside of the building. I am a disabled person, there is an access ramp into the building but other than that the hotel is in no way equipped for disabled people. Our room was on the 3rd floor which took us ages to get to which the receptionist Jess was very apologetic and very helpful about. Also the bar lounge is lovely but lacks somebody being behind the bar at all times. Every time we required a drink we had to go to reception to find the bar person.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was happy that on the whole you where pleased with your stay. I will share your kind words with Jess. I will be using your feedback with regards to the bar service to ensure improvements are made. I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

A lovely hotel , wonderful surroundings however the service in the restaurant and bar was not good. We ordered a bottle of wine with our meal and it was simply put on the table unopened. The food was not particularly warm and the bar meal of chicken tika was appalling. Breakfast was good but not brilliant and we had to ask twice for our coffee and milk . The leisure club is good and the staff here and on reception were a delight. This is a lovely hotel but could be improved by staff training and better food.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are continually looking for ways to improve the service and food we offer and I will be using your feedback to help us do this.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel. Great facilities for our conference. However ! This was not backed up by the service.
The barmaid went missing for 5-10 minutes at a time.
For a group of 15 of us this was really annoying.
The food isn't anything to write homeabout.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. I was pleased to hear that you found the conference facilities to be of such a good standard. I will be reviewing your comments with regards to the bar service and food quality to ensure we improve on this area.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We booked at short notice and the staff were all exceptionally friendly (especially Louise and Jess) front of house. We dined in the restraunt and the food was delicious as was the breakfast the following day and was extremely fairly priced too considering it is such a nice hotel. Room was exactly what we needed and very clean indeed and the leisure centre was great. we used the facilities twice in less than 24hours and the staff here were lovely too.
I would highly recommend this hotel as is brilliant value for money. In fact I am arranging a girls weekend for 32 of us this august and following my visit this weekend I have just reserved 16 rooms for this event. Looking forward to my next stay. yipppeeeee

Room Tip: I have reserved the bridal suite for my next visit just to add a bit of luxury and this was only an...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BWOaks, Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel, I am pleased you had a wonderful stay with us, I will be passing on your positive comments to the staff including Louise and Jess.

We all look forward to welcoming yourself and your group in August for the event night.

Kindest Regards,

Dan Balshaw
Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Foxfields Country Hotel
Foxfields Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Billington

Been to Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!