Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
US$113
US$93
US$60
US$58
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomstained glassmobility issueslisted buildingold buildinglovely hotelbeautiful buildingafternoon teafrom start to finishwedding plannerbiscuitsreception stafffour poster bedenjoyable stayevening mealbridal suite
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I would like to advise you about a member of staff at The Oaks in Burnley. If it wasn't for Jess my Wedding day would have been ruined along with the memory of it for ever more. As bride, I and my bridal party stayed in the Oaks the night before my wedding in a local church the next day. I was due to check out at 2pm and watch as my bridesmaids were taken to the church then myself and my father. Everything went to plan, to schedule and we all got to the church on time. The next morning I came to join my bridal party for breakfast having spent the night at home. I took my previous days clothes and luggage I had needed to prepare me for the big day, out of my fathers car and transferred it to mine. It was then that I realised that my handbag, Surface 2 tablet / laptop and Cannon DSLR were missing! I went straight to the reception desk in a panic knowing that they should have been in the car with my suitcase and wedding dress bag. In total there was over £1000 worth of gadgets / equipment not to mention the anxiety that my beautiful wedding ceremony from the day before was moments off becoming an desperately unhappy memory as I realised my things were gone. At this point I desperately asked Jess if anything had been found in our room. It hadn't. But she went to look in the back of the reception and as she came back out holding my missing items she began to explain that as we left in the wedding car at 2:50 she had started her shift at 3pm. She noticed the items on the sofa in the foyer and waited 10 mins to see if anyone came back for them. She then decided that as they looked like very expensive items she would put them behind the reception and wait for the owner to return. I did return about 20 hers later and I was blissfully unaware that my items were missing at that point. Needless to say the fact that she had them made me cry as I realised that if it wasn't for her actions the memory of my wedding day would have been tainted for ever. Please pass my sincere thanks to her and make it known to her employers the good actions of this particular member of staff. If there is an employee of the month or any such award then please put Jess forward for it. Yours very thankfully Joanne Pollitt - Wright

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne P
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to hear that Jess ensured your big day was not tainted in any way. I have shared your feedback with Jess who greatly appreciated your kind words.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just returned from a 2 night family break here, got to say a lovely hotel, the staff couldn't do enough for us, the family room had 2 bunkbeds which were really sturdy, but we were a long long way from the dining room and reception which would've been tricky with a pushchair. The breakfast staff weren't at all fazed by my daughter showering our table with cornflakes, and we were attended to very quickly. The leisure club was spotless, free towels and lockers and a really nice ambience. Overall if I ever were forced to stay in burnley, I would definitely stay here, but you wouldn't particularly want to wander out of the grounds.

Room Tip: Our room 163 had no view out of the window, just a brick wall, but was very handy for the leisure club
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review with regards to your recent stay. I was delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. If you are in the Burnley area again I hope we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Well the positive side - the staff are friendly and attentive; the breakfasts are OK.
The old building is beautiful and situated in a spacious garden.

We come back to Burnley every year to catch up with friends. 2 years ago we said never again would we stay at the Oaks. But we returned this year as it's location really suits us well.

Value for money, I do have to say is fair.

The rooms, oh dear! We booked an Executive Room in the main building. Pendle View .... well I can only describe this as false advertising as Room 104 has a view of the air conditioner units of other rooms with other windows looking on into this room. To make this worse - we complained about this on our first visit and were moved rooms and sure as goodness we were given the same room again! The mattress, is fit for a dog, used soft and lumpy where you roll into the middle!

We used room service, which was ok but on one occasion was poor but I did learn the next morning that some difficult guests were staying so I do understand. Room Cleanliness, okish until I came back one evening to find the coffee cup still next to my bed from the morning. The drawers in the cupboard weren't too clean either!

My pet complaint, why must the cleaning staff vacuum outside the dining room when having breakfast? We were the early risers either?

Room Tip: Go there not having high expectations and you won't be disappointed. Don't accept the keys for Room 104 if you have booked and Executive Room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and attentive.
I was disappointed that some aspects of your stay did not meet with your expectations. I will discuss your feedback and see how we can improve moving forwards.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had a family meal on Mother's Day and it was very good. The staff were lovely and nothing was to much trouble, my husband asked for extra vegetables and was promptly given extra without ant qualms. Would highly recommend the restaurant and we will return in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Mother's Day lunch with us. I will share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. We were overwhelmed by the outside of the building. I am a disabled person, there is an access ramp into the building but other than that the hotel is in no way equipped for disabled people. Our room was on the 3rd floor which took us ages to get to which the receptionist Jess was very apologetic and very helpful about. Also the bar lounge is lovely but lacks somebody being behind the bar at all times. Every time we required a drink we had to go to reception to find the bar person.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was happy that on the whole you where pleased with your stay. I will share your kind words with Jess. I will be using your feedback with regards to the bar service to ensure improvements are made. I hope we can welcome you back in the future.