“Wedding”

Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Burnley
Reviewed 6 July 2014

What can I say except please let me do it all again. Can't fault anything about our wedding day we held at The Oaks. Donna has been there for us throughout the planning of our wedding and the manager David made sure all our expectations of the day were met. Rooms were perfect the bridal suite was amazing, the food was fantastic, the staff were all helpful and I can't really express in words how good our day was from start to finish. Thank you to all the staff at The Oaks I would definately recommend anyone to have their wedding here you won't be disappointed thank you again x

Suzanne and Craig x

• Stayed: July 2014
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Suzanne & Craig,

Thank you for your lovely review. It's a pleasure to receive such feedback. I will be sharing your comments with team. I look forward to seeing you at The Oaks in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We got married here 20th June 2014, and I have to say that they did a fantastic and faultless job on the day. Not once did I have to worry about anything, any issues we had were solved immediately without me even having to think about it! David and Donna were extremely helpful throughout the whole process of planning my wedding and also on the day, and their welcoming attitude meant that I was comfortable to ask questions when ever I needed to! The food was absolutely amazing, the rooms looked absolutely beautiful and every detail I asked for was there! The day went so smoothly from the ceremony right up until 1am when the DJ finished. I cannot praise the oaks enough for the most perfect day of our lives. Thank you.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am delighted that you found all aspects of your day to be perfect. I will share your kind words with all the team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Never again! Reception area and check in smooth. After walking up the grand staircase I opened the door to hell! Immediately the paintwork and carpets were tired and worn. With each step deeper through the maze of corridors it got worse! After eventually finding my room I entered a 1980's brown and depressing room tinged in yellow! I never could work out whether the bed linen was white, or stained yellow as it had strange marks on it and the pillow cases were translucent and most I discarded! A view of a brick wall and nothing else made my stay even more torturous! Toilet was dirty and paint peeling from the bathroom ceiling.

Couldn't work in my room, so opted for bar. Bar very dated and fusty smelling. Dinner was greasy and average.

Be prepared and ensure you've been weight training as there is a plethora of stairwells and no lifts - higgledy piggledy corridors surround you!

There must be better hotels in Burnley - surely?!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel, or sleep in the car!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to hear your stay did not meet with your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies. I will take your feedback on board and discuss with the team so we can make improvements.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I can not fault anything at all, the staff especially my wedding co-coordinators David & Donna where absolutely fantastic from the moment we booked! They bent over backwards for us to ensure our big day was perfect! May the 17th 2014 and the sun was beaming which made the grounds of the Oaks look even more beautiful! All the rooms where scorching hot one of the staff asked if it was ok to monitor our room temperature for us to ensure it wasn't to hot or cold when we went up after partying our wedding night away, which I thought was fantastic and took one less worry off our heads! Everything was set up perfect when I arrive on our big day, everything was exactly in its place and the room looked stunning, the rooms transformed totally at night and again looked lovely, whilst the rooms was being changed over we were invited into the smaller bar area to wait which was perfect, all my guests booked and paid for the honeymoon sweet as I was so worried about having another wedding on at the same time! This seemed to work a treat as for the full day and night we had the whole hotel to our selves which was brilliant! I have to say a massive thank you to all the staff for making our day so prefect amazing and allowed us to create memories of a day we will never forget in such an amazingly beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I was delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable wedding day and that all the staff had help make things extra special. I will share your comments with all involved. Thank you for sharing your big day with us here at The Oaks.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I only stayed one night and my room was the furthest possible point from reception. I think I counted six or perhaps seven staircases to reach my room but that was Ok! for the rooms were comfortable, the hotels was perfect for my work, all of which could have been average except for the food. After my rather large lamb shank had been delivered to the table I began eating, when the rest of the vegetables began arriving. Not only was my lamb perfectly cooked but the quality of the rest of my vegetables was wonderful however I could not eat it. This was a meal for giants!
Would I stay again, certainly but perhaps hope for a nearer room next time.

Room Tip: Try and get a lower number than 366, it is a large hotel without lifts.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and meal in the restaurant. Next time you book with us if you request a room close to reception we will try and allocate a closer room. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This former local merchant's stately home, the Oaks Hotel sits in it's own grounds behind well-kept gardens, close to Burnley town centre and the M65 motorway, which heads West into Lancashire and East towards Yorkshire. The hotel is situated right in the heart of mill country with the Leeds and Liverpool Canal also close by for gentle walks in summer months, when you can watch passing barges and boats and talk to their owners as they meander by. Other sights include the "Singing, Ringing Tree" sculpture, the giant weaver's shuttle in Nelson, plus many other attractions within easy reach locally, or within an hour's drive to the likes of Manchester and Skipton. Burnley has a modern bus and rail network with services to other main towns and cities including Manchester, Preston and Blackburn. The nearest bus stop, if required, is directly outside the main entrance to the hotel on Colne Road. Entering the hotel, you are struck by the magnificent central staircase leading up past the even more magnificent stained-glass windows as you head to your room. The Executive Rooms are spacious and comfortable and the family rooms also provide great value with some of the sturdiest bunk beds I've ever seen in my life. (I think I've only ever seen similar in old films involving railway cabins with their fold down beds.) Of course you are also well-placed for any aspiring witches to visit Pendle Hill which sits nearby. The Leisure facilities are also ideal for families with a reasonably sized pool, jacuzzi and sauna. Due to it's size though, not recommended for serious swimmers. (For this two local pools at either Nelson or Burnley.) Also features a gymnasium but I cannot comment as I didn't visit it. I would, however, NOT recommend this hotel for anyone who may have a disability where stairs would pose a problem as I believe only one adapted room is available for disabled guests with entry via another door, otherwise other rooms are via the numerous stairs and corridors. Breakfast is taken in the small dining area which overlooks the lawns to the front of the hotel. I would suggest that, if taking breakfast, then the earlier the better as it can be overly busy and guests outnumber the available seating on occasion. Overall our family thoroughly enjoyed their weekend break. We know the area well and the Oaks is probably the most centrally located hotel with better standards than others closer to Burnley town centre. One word of caution to drivers to note that the area is littered with speed cameras - both static and mobile - and the 30mph limit is strongly enforced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and insightful review of the hotel and the surrounding area. It was great to hear you enjoyed your experience. It also nice to see some useful tips left for future guests. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We celebrated a Silver Wedding Anniversary and had a thoroughly fantastic day enjoyed by guests of all ages! The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for us. The hotel pool and spa were enjoyed by all and was of a very high standard. The suite we were in was a fantastic size with a bar, terrace access, beautiful garden view and an additional sofa seating area. I would definitely return to this hotel, the kind staff were friendly and welcoming and this made our stay even more enjoyable.
Thank you to all the staff!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay and event you attended. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the event and all that the hotel had to offer. I will share your gratitiude with the team. I hope to welcome you back soon.

David Martin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Foxfields Country Hotel
Foxfields Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Billington

Been to Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!