“Wedding and reception”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Burnley
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Wedding and reception”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here on Saturday 12th July. Everything was lovely the room was spotless and very comfortable (executive suite room 102) The wedding was fantastic everything went very smoothly and the meal was delicious and hot. I personally can't fault the place the grounds are lovely and the staff worked very hard and was so friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review from your recent stay and wedding that you attended. I am delighted you would recommend us as a venue. I will share your feedback with the team. I look forward to your next visit.

David Martin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Nutfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having stayed at the Oaks many times over the last 30 years i was bitterly disappointed with the way it looked so sad and run down. The room I stayed in was fine and the staff were lovely but would someone please give it a good clean and bring it back to being a really lovely place to stay! The grounds needed tending and the whole place looked unkempt and unloved and needed a good deal of TLC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

2 Thank Lynn V
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is however disappointing to hear such feedback. I have discussed your feedback with both the housekeeping team and our groundsman. It is vital that we keep the hotel looking as clean and sharp as possible at all times. My apologies if it wasn't on your last visit. I do hope you will come back in the future and see improvements.

Stourbridge
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Both reception and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. Access to the rooms is somewhat of a well directed maze. Noise from the wedding reception room was a little intrusive til late but I could live with it. The room was spacious and clean. The restaurant was good quality with very helpful and friendly waiter. The reception staff even went out of her way to arrange us early breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It's lovely to hear such positive words about the team. I will be sure to pass on your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

On arrival at the Oaks for a weekend break/wedding, very impressed with the the original house which would have been grand in its day ( a gentlemens residence perhaps) and lovely grounds. On reaching our room along a maze of passages and stairs we were found to be at the end of a modern extention - which was ok - spotlessly clean - and everything we needed was supplied (Tea & Coffee, Biscuits,a good supply of toiletries, even a bottle of Lavender for pillows - to aid restful sleep it claimed) - unfortunately it was not to be, we found the room quite cold, and the beds were rather hard. We had booked Dinner, bed and breakfast for our first night - dinner was ok - nothing special - breakfast was very good - full English as you would expect. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, nothing was too much trouble ( we forgot to take a comb - they supplied us with two). Will certainly return, but request a room where we don't have to take hiking boots to reach it.

Room Tip: Not suitable if you have walking difficulties- ask for disabled room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with regards to your recent stay. I was really pleased that you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful and that on the whole you had a positive stay. It is also great to hear you thought breakfast was very good. All of our rooms do have radiators with thermostats so you can alter the temperature to suit. I will look at the mattress you mentioned. I look forward to your next visit.

Burnley Lancashire
Reviewed 6 July 2014

What can I say except please let me do it all again. Can't fault anything about our wedding day we held at The Oaks. Donna has been there for us throughout the planning of our wedding and the manager David made sure all our expectations of the day were met. Rooms were perfect the bridal suite was amazing, the food was fantastic, the staff were all helpful and I can't really express in words how good our day was from start to finish. Thank you to all the staff at The Oaks I would definately recommend anyone to have their wedding here you won't be disappointed thank you again x

Suzanne and Craig x

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Suzanne & Craig,

Thank you for your lovely review. It's a pleasure to receive such feedback. I will be sharing your comments with team. I look forward to seeing you at The Oaks in the future.

Accrington
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We got married here 20th June 2014, and I have to say that they did a fantastic and faultless job on the day. Not once did I have to worry about anything, any issues we had were solved immediately without me even having to think about it! David and Donna were extremely helpful throughout the whole process of planning my wedding and also on the day, and their welcoming attitude meant that I was comfortable to ask questions when ever I needed to! The food was absolutely amazing, the rooms looked absolutely beautiful and every detail I asked for was there! The day went so smoothly from the ceremony right up until 1am when the DJ finished. I cannot praise the oaks enough for the most perfect day of our lives. Thank you.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am delighted that you found all aspects of your day to be perfect. I will share your kind words with all the team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Never again! Reception area and check in smooth. After walking up the grand staircase I opened the door to hell! Immediately the paintwork and carpets were tired and worn. With each step deeper through the maze of corridors it got worse! After eventually finding my room I entered a 1980's brown and depressing room tinged in yellow! I never could work out whether the bed linen was white, or stained yellow as it had strange marks on it and the pillow cases were translucent and most I discarded! A view of a brick wall and nothing else made my stay even more torturous! Toilet was dirty and paint peeling from the bathroom ceiling.

Couldn't work in my room, so opted for bar. Bar very dated and fusty smelling. Dinner was greasy and average.

Be prepared and ensure you've been weight training as there is a plethora of stairwells and no lifts - higgledy piggledy corridors surround you!

There must be better hotels in Burnley - surely?!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel, or sleep in the car!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to hear your stay did not meet with your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies. I will take your feedback on board and discuss with the team so we can make improvements.

David Martin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Old Stone Trough Hotel
Old Stone Trough Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelbrook

Been to Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!