“Not one of the best hotels”

BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Burnley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
North West England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

If I'd written this half way through my visit, I'd have given a full 5 stars. The meal we had Friday evening was excellent and the service just right. We woke Saturday morning refreshed and very positive.
Lovely old building, clean and the facilities good. I note some reviews complain about the maze of corridors, but my children thought it added something to their visit. It would have been helpful, however, if we'd have been told of the closer door to the room we could have used to bring the luggage in, rather than traipse through all the corridors and up and down the stairs. Thankfully I discovered this door before putting luggage back in my car.
From their website it was obvious they host weddings, and I expected to have some issues related to this. There was not too much noise from the wedding, apart from when some of the guests kept trying to keep the fire doors open. The language from some of them when they passed through the restaurant where we were eating on Saturday was not suitable for my children to hear; but I can't blame the hotel for that. The dinner on Saturday, perhaps because of waitresses and chefs being busy with the wedding, was not up to Fridays high standards, but was still fine.
I would happily return for a similar family weekend break in the future.

1 Thank MAEC67
BWOaks, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative and pleasant review. I was happy that on the whole you enjoyed your stay and would return again in the future. I will look to work on the points you raised with the team. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here on Saturday 12th July. Everything was lovely the room was spotless and very comfortable (executive suite room 102) The wedding was fantastic everything went very smoothly and the meal was delicious and hot. I personally can't fault the place the grounds are lovely and the staff worked very hard and was so friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review from your recent stay and wedding that you attended. I am delighted you would recommend us as a venue. I will share your feedback with the team. I look forward to your next visit.

Nutfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having stayed at the Oaks many times over the last 30 years i was bitterly disappointed with the way it looked so sad and run down. The room I stayed in was fine and the staff were lovely but would someone please give it a good clean and bring it back to being a really lovely place to stay! The grounds needed tending and the whole place looked unkempt and unloved and needed a good deal of TLC.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

2 Thank Lynn V
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is however disappointing to hear such feedback. I have discussed your feedback with both the housekeeping team and our groundsman. It is vital that we keep the hotel looking as clean and sharp as possible at all times. My apologies if it wasn't on your last visit. I do hope you will come back in the future and see improvements.

Stourbridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Both reception and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. Access to the rooms is somewhat of a well directed maze. Noise from the wedding reception room was a little intrusive til late but I could live with it. The room was spacious and clean. The restaurant was good quality with very helpful and friendly waiter. The reception staff even went out of her way to arrange us early breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It's lovely to hear such positive words about the team. I will be sure to pass on your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Kendal, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

On arrival at the Oaks for a weekend break/wedding, very impressed with the the original house which would have been grand in its day ( a gentlemens residence perhaps) and lovely grounds. On reaching our room along a maze of passages and stairs we were found to be at the end of a modern extention - which was ok - spotlessly clean - and everything we needed was supplied (Tea & Coffee, Biscuits,a good supply of toiletries, even a bottle of Lavender for pillows - to aid restful sleep it claimed) - unfortunately it was not to be, we found the room quite cold, and the beds were rather hard. We had booked Dinner, bed and breakfast for our first night - dinner was ok - nothing special - breakfast was very good - full English as you would expect. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, nothing was too much trouble ( we forgot to take a comb - they supplied us with two). Will certainly return, but request a room where we don't have to take hiking boots to reach it.

Room Tip: Not suitable if you have walking difficulties- ask for disabled room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with regards to your recent stay. I was really pleased that you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful and that on the whole you had a positive stay. It is also great to hear you thought breakfast was very good. All of our rooms do have radiators with thermostats so you can alter the temperature to suit. I will look at the mattress you mentioned. I look forward to your next visit.

David Martin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
BEST WESTERN Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Old Stone Trough Hotel
Old Stone Trough Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelbrook

Been to BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!