“Comfortable and pleasant hotel”

Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Burnley
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one evening mid week. The hotel was quiet and comfortable, the twin room was clean, beds were good enough to afford me a relaxed sleep and the staff were both polite and helpful. I didn't eat at the hotel, but I may well do the next time I use it....which I will happily do.
Tay Pot 'All was a good place to stay!!

1  Thank Tony C
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I was really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently had one of the executive rooms. Basically so I would not have to walk the Labyrinth of corridors. Executive??? The bed was far too soft, correction, Saggy. The whole room was sparse, i.e. lots of space.
The dinner was well cooked. Breakfast was passable. The bar was closed in the afternoon forcing me to go elsewhere. On being presented with my bill after two days I pointed out that the two bar bills each of £11-50 were definitely not mine as I had paid cash for all drinks during the previous evening, when the Bar was open. As this is the only hotel in Burnley worth calling a hotel one really has no other choice. I have stayed at others places but found them lacking. The staff are O.K. but really require a little more training on good customer service. I will stay there again, next time I travel there, unless I can find a more suitable hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Go for an executive suite if you do not like walking along countless corridors
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for any the issues you encountered. I will look to use your feedback to make improvements. I hope you have a more positive stay with us should you return.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A J

Reviewed 14 July 2014

If I'd written this half way through my visit, I'd have given a full 5 stars. The meal we had Friday evening was excellent and the service just right. We woke Saturday morning refreshed and very positive.
Lovely old building, clean and the facilities good. I note some reviews complain about the maze of corridors, but my children thought it added something to their visit. It would have been helpful, however, if we'd have been told of the closer door to the room we could have used to bring the luggage in, rather than traipse through all the corridors and up and down the stairs. Thankfully I discovered this door before putting luggage back in my car.
From their website it was obvious they host weddings, and I expected to have some issues related to this. There was not too much noise from the wedding, apart from when some of the guests kept trying to keep the fire doors open. The language from some of them when they passed through the restaurant where we were eating on Saturday was not suitable for my children to hear; but I can't blame the hotel for that. The dinner on Saturday, perhaps because of waitresses and chefs being busy with the wedding, was not up to Fridays high standards, but was still fine.
I would happily return for a similar family weekend break in the future.

1  Thank MAEC67
BWOaks, General Manager at Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative and pleasant review. I was happy that on the whole you enjoyed your stay and would return again in the future. I will look to work on the points you raised with the team. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here on Saturday 12th July. Everything was lovely the room was spotless and very comfortable (executive suite room 102) The wedding was fantastic everything went very smoothly and the meal was delicious and hot. I personally can't fault the place the grounds are lovely and the staff worked very hard and was so friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review from your recent stay and wedding that you attended. I am delighted you would recommend us as a venue. I will share your feedback with the team. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having stayed at the Oaks many times over the last 30 years i was bitterly disappointed with the way it looked so sad and run down. The room I stayed in was fine and the staff were lovely but would someone please give it a good clean and bring it back to being a really lovely place to stay! The grounds needed tending and the whole place looked unkempt and unloved and needed a good deal of TLC.

2  Thank Lynn V

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is however disappointing to hear such feedback. I have discussed your feedback with both the housekeeping team and our groundsman. It is vital that we keep the hotel looking as clean and sharp as possible at all times. My apologies if it wasn't on your last visit. I do hope you will come back in the future and see improvements.

David Martin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Travelodge Burnley
Travelodge Burnley
#6 of 6 in Burnley

Been to Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!