Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Burnley(Burnley)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$88
US$77
US$90
US$87
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Burnley Hotel(Burnley)(Great Value!)
US$121
Travelocity
US$119
US$115
US$63
All reviewsthe main hotelfitzys barribble valleyrag puddingshort breakwedding venuelovely viewrestaurant managerpendle hilllovely hotelbridal suitewowcher dealchristmas partyboth nightsevening mealfood was lovelylovely grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We only spent one night at Higher Trapp but wished it could have been a longer visit. The Hotel deserves its high "Trip Advisor" rating from previous guests and we firmly intend to re-visit. Our room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. We were able to take our Westie dog into the lounge when we went for a drink in the evening. This room is extremely comfortable with its Chesterfield style sofas and chairs, wood paneling and ornate plaster work ceiling. Breakfast was served in the bar which also serves as the main dining room. This room is also nicely appointed and the breakfast was of good quality. All the staff we encountered were professional and very pleasant. Perhaps the most desirable aspect is its location; set in the banks of a wooded hillside it is every but as good as the website pictures show.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am delighted you feel we deserve our high Trip Advisor rating, my team and I work very hard to achieve this. I hope the 3 of you will return to the hotel in the near future, I would love to meet your Westie dog!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was staying in burnley for the night soo picked out the higher trap . it's well oout of the way down a long track at the top of a hill . booked in late found a nice room good bed and had a good sleep . tv and tea/coffee in room and a good shower too . did't get my alarm call at 8 am but i was awake ! . went down had a very nice breakfast good service to and a nice area to sit and watch tv and read the papers too . too sum up for the price I had a good room and good food and I will use it again when I come to burnley !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to meeting you on your return to the hotel.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We booked the Higher Trapp hotel on the 6th September as our UKwedding celebration. It was really improtant that we found the perfect venue for our UK celebration as many of our family and friends were unable to attend our wedding abroad.
Prior to booking we had a meeting with Jamie who helped us with our very specific arrangements. Jamie was absolutely fantastic, he helped us create a unique area where we could show the photos of our wedding on the hotels LCD screens this looked amazing and our guests loved it. He also gave us the full opportunity to change layout colour schemes music and my every need was catered for.
The night itself was so much more than I could have imagined the food was amazing and the guests commented on the quality and quantity of the food thanks to the amazing chef Rolly for all his efforts. We were able to select from a brilliant variety and as we have friends with specic catering needs this was really key.
On the night we had a disco, Sweet Buffett and a photo both so the room had ample space for extras. The bar staff were brilliant and I loved the feature lighting in the conservatory area.
The only thing that could have made it even more amazing was if we had had better weather to allow us to go into the amazing gardens but the goold old british weathewr is exactly why we had our ceromony abroad.
My thanks go to Maxine ane her amazing team at the hotel long may it continue to be the factory of dream weddings !

Room Tip: Garden view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased we were able to help you have a fantastic wedding day. We are proud of our reputation for Wedding receptions and our high level of customer service and attention to detail. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, I have passed on your thanks to Jamie and the team.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Higher Trapp Hotel whilst visiting various local attractions. We had a lovely family room with a double and single bed which was very spacious and appeared newly refurbished. We had a lovely bathroom with separate shower. The room also had ironing facilities. We had the gorgeous afternoon tea - very indulgent. The drinks did not appear expensive like most hotels. Had the best breakfast ever, my friend had the homemade porridge. A truly excellent stay. I would like to mention the Reception staff, Kate was very helpful and the lovely helpful waitress a breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. How lovely to read your kind words about the hotel. I have passed on your praise to Katie on reception and Anna at breakfast. I do hope you will return to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed here to watch the mighty West Ham United beat Burnley on Tuesday. This is a lovely hotel located in superb Lancashire countryside close to Pendle Hill. Everyone in the hotel was very friendly and made us feel very much at home. They serve a good breakfast in the bar area which also sells a great local Burnley brew. I recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Ribble Valley.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is lovely to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the beer (not at the same time I hope!).

Kind Regards