“Lovely Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Burnley
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Lovely Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I booked this hotel because it was local but also very scenic! It was booked for mine and my boyfriends 6month anniversary marker. Due to me being a Best Western member I got a room upgrade for free which turned out to be great as the room was MASSIVE! Even though the room was dated a little it was still lovely and had a lovely over view of the gardens. The bathroom was lovely and clean and the bed was soooooo comfy although a little squeaky. When I arrived the room was a touch cold and when I checked the radiators weren't on, so I rang down to reception and asked if I could have a fan heater and within minutes I had a fan heater. The food is lovely in the Fitzys bar and restaurant definately recommend and brilliant on prices.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your room upgrade (one of the many benefits of the Best Western Rewards programme).

Kind Regards

Maxine Walsh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here 3times different length off stays food is top quality as are the breakfasts staff are very welcoming and can't help enough hotel is a little out of the way and not within walking distance to any other pubs

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased you have found our staff to be welcoming and helpful. Unfortunately we are not near any local pubs, however our Fitzy's bar which is always stocked with guest ales and a friendly atmosphere, is all the Pub you could ever need!

Formby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed for one night to enjoy a get together with friends. The dinner, bed & breakfast package is extremely good value for money. As we were a group of four couples, we stayed in our own 'lodge' which housed four bedrooms. Rooms are very roomy and have all the amenities you would normally expect. The menu in the restaurant was varied and there was plenty to choose from. Breakfast was excellent. Could not fault the staff - extremely friendly and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased you found the hotel good value for money and enjoyed your stay in the Parker Lodge. I am delighted that you would recommend our hotel, I hope you will return soon.

Kind Regards

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We selected this hotel on the basis of it's mid-way location for a group of friends get-together. We couldn't have chosen better. Very comfortable, reasonably priced, and very friendly, helpful staff. We had a great night, a good breakfast the next day, and look forward to doing it again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am pleased everything was to your satisfaction and I hope you have your get-together with us again.

Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We only spent one night at Higher Trapp but wished it could have been a longer visit. The Hotel deserves its high "Trip Advisor" rating from previous guests and we firmly intend to re-visit. Our room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. We were able to take our Westie dog into the lounge when we went for a drink in the evening. This room is extremely comfortable with its Chesterfield style sofas and chairs, wood paneling and ornate plaster work ceiling. Breakfast was served in the bar which also serves as the main dining room. This room is also nicely appointed and the breakfast was of good quality. All the staff we encountered were professional and very pleasant. Perhaps the most desirable aspect is its location; set in the banks of a wooded hillside it is every but as good as the website pictures show.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am delighted you feel we deserve our high Trip Advisor rating, my team and I work very hard to achieve this. I hope the 3 of you will return to the hotel in the near future, I would love to meet your Westie dog!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was staying in burnley for the night soo picked out the higher trap . it's well oout of the way down a long track at the top of a hill . booked in late found a nice room good bed and had a good sleep . tv and tea/coffee in room and a good shower too . did't get my alarm call at 8 am but i was awake ! . went down had a very nice breakfast good service to and a nice area to sit and watch tv and read the papers too . too sum up for the price I had a good room and good food and I will use it again when I come to burnley !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to meeting you on your return to the hotel.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We booked the Higher Trapp hotel on the 6th September as our UKwedding celebration. It was really improtant that we found the perfect venue for our UK celebration as many of our family and friends were unable to attend our wedding abroad.
Prior to booking we had a meeting with Jamie who helped us with our very specific arrangements. Jamie was absolutely fantastic, he helped us create a unique area where we could show the photos of our wedding on the hotels LCD screens this looked amazing and our guests loved it. He also gave us the full opportunity to change layout colour schemes music and my every need was catered for.
The night itself was so much more than I could have imagined the food was amazing and the guests commented on the quality and quantity of the food thanks to the amazing chef Rolly for all his efforts. We were able to select from a brilliant variety and as we have friends with specic catering needs this was really key.
On the night we had a disco, Sweet Buffett and a photo both so the room had ample space for extras. The bar staff were brilliant and I loved the feature lighting in the conservatory area.
The only thing that could have made it even more amazing was if we had had better weather to allow us to go into the amazing gardens but the goold old british weathewr is exactly why we had our ceromony abroad.
My thanks go to Maxine ane her amazing team at the hotel long may it continue to be the factory of dream weddings !

Room Tip: Garden view