“Excellent Staff & Service”

Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Burnley
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on Sat 21st of December.

Although I don't normally make a habit of writing reviews, I think it is important that quality service is recognised. The staff in both the reception and also in the restaurant were very polite, helpful and welcoming and did everything they could to make sure my experience of this hotel and restaurant was only a highly positive one.

After over sleeping and missing breakfast, the Chef and restaurant staff even allowed me and my colleague to enter the restaurant and cooked us up a top notch full English.

This hotel gets my highest recommendation and a big thank you to all the staff I encountered.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jordan W
DCCLAPHAM, General Manager at Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Thank you for your delightful review of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast even though you overslept, we don't like to see guests going away hungry! Thank you also for your kind words about our staff, all the team work hard to make sure each guests stay exceeds their expectations.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Having had 2-3 visits for afternoon tea and not having any issues ( see May review) I was disgusted by the food served on our latest visit for the afternoon tea offer.
Prawns which were off / sour and cucumber sandwiches ( JUST cucumber)& no meat sandwiches at all .
The poor waiter tried his best and stated the chef would be out to speak to us - (he DISAPPEARED !), eventually I asked to speak to a manager who was apologetic and offered a complimentary return visit . However,we feel we dont wish to dine here again and just to note as we sat in our car , to think of a plan B , noticed the chef hot footing it out of the building - disgraceful ......

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mad4staffs

Dear Guest.

Please accept my apologies for the standard of food you were presented with for your afternoon tea visit. I see from your review we have already offered you a complimentary afternoon tea, however you have said you will not be returning, so it appears there is not much more I can do to rectify things.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed before and will stay again. In a beautiful country setting yet easy access to towns and motorway network. Quiet and has the option of separate building away from the main hotel if you want. Warm, comfortable, very pleasant staff, good food. Could not want for more.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you for your delightful review of our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope it will not be your last.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I booked this hotel because it was local but also very scenic! It was booked for mine and my boyfriends 6month anniversary marker. Due to me being a Best Western member I got a room upgrade for free which turned out to be great as the room was MASSIVE! Even though the room was dated a little it was still lovely and had a lovely over view of the gardens. The bathroom was lovely and clean and the bed was soooooo comfy although a little squeaky. When I arrived the room was a touch cold and when I checked the radiators weren't on, so I rang down to reception and asked if I could have a fan heater and within minutes I had a fan heater. The food is lovely in the Fitzys bar and restaurant definately recommend and brilliant on prices.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your room upgrade (one of the many benefits of the Best Western Rewards programme).

Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here 3times different length off stays food is top quality as are the breakfasts staff are very welcoming and can't help enough hotel is a little out of the way and not within walking distance to any other pubs

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased you have found our staff to be welcoming and helpful. Unfortunately we are not near any local pubs, however our Fitzy's bar which is always stocked with guest ales and a friendly atmosphere, is all the Pub you could ever need!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed for one night to enjoy a get together with friends. The dinner, bed & breakfast package is extremely good value for money. As we were a group of four couples, we stayed in our own 'lodge' which housed four bedrooms. Rooms are very roomy and have all the amenities you would normally expect. The menu in the restaurant was varied and there was plenty to choose from. Breakfast was excellent. Could not fault the staff - extremely friendly and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased you found the hotel good value for money and enjoyed your stay in the Parker Lodge. I am delighted that you would recommend our hotel, I hope you will return soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We selected this hotel on the basis of it's mid-way location for a group of friends get-together. We couldn't have chosen better. Very comfortable, reasonably priced, and very friendly, helpful staff. We had a great night, a good breakfast the next day, and look forward to doing it again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. I am pleased everything was to your satisfaction and I hope you have your get-together with us again.

Maxine Walsh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnley
Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Rosehill House Hotel
Rosehill House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Burnley
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa

Been to Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!