“Super Food Great Staff Limited Menu”
Review of Kettledrum Inn

Kettledrum Inn
Ranked #18 of 202 Restaurants in Burnley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Kettledrum Inn was named after the Derby winning horse 'Kettledrum' in 1861. The beautiful location, friendly atmosphere and wonderfully presented food make this pub a special place to meet with family and friends.
Reviewed 28 November 2014

After reading some of the reviews, I think they have been to a different pub!! Over the past 2 months due to having no kitchen (never insure with Direct Line) we have had to eat out at least 5 times a week. The staff at the Kettledrum have been excellent and although a limited menu the food has been very good. We have eaten at various other restaurants over this period and the Drum is as good as any of the others and better value.

1  Thank John P

Reviewed 27 November 2014

I haven't been to the Kettledrum for a long time, but that isn't surprising given that we only visit our in-laws in Burnley rarely - we decided to go for a drink for old time's sake as we had heard that the place had been refitted earlier this year and was worth a visit.

First impressions were favourable as the place is now warm, tidy and well decorated. The young lady who was running the bar (and who I think was the manager) was friendly, polite and obviously very capable of dealing with whatever was thrown at her which is perhaps as well given the events which were about to occur.

We hadn't been present very long when the door burst open and a very odd character stormed in, shouting the odds about someone called Dan and threatening to "rip his f*****g head off" and "break every bone in his body" if he ever sees him again!!

It wasn't really clear as to what was occuring but it was obviously pretty intimidating for both the manager and the customers - we obviously didn't like to look or sound of what was going on so decided to drink up and leave.

It's a shame that this has happened because if this is the kind of people who frequent the place then we will have to think carefully about returning. We had considered visiting for a meal based on the other reviews here but that now hangs in the balance.

3  Thank dave_hill1971
Reviewed 26 November 2014

So I attended this establishment over the weekend and my goodness what was going on????

We walked into may I say not an overly busy dining area no acknowledgement upon arrival, we found ourselves a table we waited a good ten minutes before we were given menus from a boisterous/slightly arrogant young man when he had finally stopped discussing the previous nights antics extremely loudly at the end of the bar with numerous other members of staff.

We ordered our food, which was of an okay standard although my chips tasted as though they had been kept in a hot holding tray. What I couldn't understand was when my starter had been taken away why did I have to wait over 25 minutes for my main? I had to prompt the young man again and he just grumbled and walked off. My mains appeared shortly after.

There were tables around us with empty plates and glasses on and nobody around?? Not the most pleasant thing to be sat staring at when trying to enjoy a meal I must say. Overall the service was abysmal, the food was just okay and we will certainly NOT be returning.

4  Thank Sandramacca
Reviewed 25 November 2014

I was in the Kettledrum when you complained to the Manageress. If you had issues with the food that's ok but I was also present at the bar when I presume your husband ordered your wine with tonic water!, Also present when he returned to change it free of charge by the same lady you went onto complain to. I have no link to the pub or owners, just wanted to put the record straight!

satisfied customer!!

5  Thank andrew g
Reviewed 23 November 2014

Decided to go here for a meal after a long walk with friends. Very disappointed. Staff did not offer us a menu or take our order, we had to go to the bar and ask if we could order. There was a mistake with the order, so we didnt get our soups and it was straight into the main course and we were told that we could have the soups after! Was given a tonic water with my white wine when asking for a spritzer which was served in a wine glass. We were very disappointed with the service and the overall experience we had and will not be returning, which is a shame, because the food we got, especially the beef, was very good although not quite hot enough.

2  Thank krysia98