“Fantastic meal”
Review of Malthouse Farm

Malthouse Farm
Ranked #19 of 227 Restaurants in Chorley
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We came here for a family meal. I am a vegetarian and I chose the vegan burger, it was seriously delicious. The table was beautiful, decorated for a ore wedding supper. Our waitress Hattie was an absolute gem, we were a large party and nothing phased her at all. Well done to the chef who got all of our meals ready. Sadly, we didn't get a chance to have a ,lol around outside, but they do have ducks, and you can feed them.

youngsharon, General Manager at Malthouse Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. Hettie will be made up with your comments which I will be sure to pass onto her. Hopefully next time you visit you will be able to feed our ducks and enjoy the outdoor area. Thanks again, Sharon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,475)

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We were staying overnight in the attached Premier Inn and stopped here for some dinner. We had arrived later than expected on a Saturday due to roadworks and the very helpful staff managed to find us a table and get us something to eat on a buy Saturday night. Can't praise the staff enough, very friendly and happy to help.

There is a nice atmosphere inside with plenty of various seating options and the food menu has a good choice at reasonable prices. Everything was tasty and arrived pretty quickly.

Thank you for such a lovely review. Im so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and that the team were friendly and helpful. I will pass your comments onto the rest of the team who will be thrilled. Thanks again, Sharon

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We come here quite often and I don't remember ever having a bad meal
The staff are friendly and welcoming
It's always busy, so make sure you phone and book before just turning up

1  Thank SusyQzee
youngsharon, Guest Relations Manager at Malthouse Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Its lovely to read such delightful reviews about us! Thank you for taking the time to write one. I will make sure the team know that they are all friendly and welcoming and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Claire

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

visited as a family 4 for son's birthday.Nice pub and surroundings.Food a big let down not very hot.My gammon smallest piece ever seen water thin and cooked too much dry and looked like sole of your shoe. My ran chicken gourmet burger he said dry and tasteless again overcooked they need to look the word gourmet burger up he asked to go to McDonald's on way home.Coleslaw looked homemade but looked limp and was tasteless.we gave this feedback to waitress but she just said I will tell them.we were not offered any replacements or discounts.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet our usual high standards and that your found your meals tasteless and overcooked. I will pass these comments on to the kitchen team and also investigate that you did speak to your waitress and felt like an appropriate action was not taken. Again please accept my apologies Claire.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Though it’s next to a Premier Inn, this isn’t a brewers fare but a pub that always has good food and it’s always busy with locals so always a good sign.

Often see staff who have been there for many years too.

Had Calamari starter and Sea Bream and Scallops on a risotto bed. Very nice.

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your enjoyed your meal.
We have got a number of staff who have been here for many years (including myself) and its lovely to see people returning again. I will make sure your lovely comments get passed onto the whole team.