“Poor”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
Ws12 4st
“Poor”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked a family room,and on arrival to the room, there was only one double and one single Made up, we had two children the other was just a plastic blue mattress on the floor pulled out form the single bed, NOT MADE UP! Also there were only 2 bath towels again we had to share! I would expect if a family room is booked then make it more than 2 adults and 1 child!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here with my 4yr old grandson. Initial impression was like a scene from Jeepers Creepers.The bathroom had seen better days and the bath was missing quite alot of emamel. The carpet was covered in stains plus there was some dubious marks/stains/deposits, whatever you wish to call them on the walls. On my first morning I found a large quantity of drugs in the room. A reputable source of lawful information, informed that this "Hotel" has a reputation for not only drug usage and dog breaders but also "Ladies of the night" so as a family hotel or if you respect yourself STAY WELL CLEAR. This experience completely ruined my family weekend with my critically ill mother. The only sorry the management could offer was a refund and some complimentary below standard food. When I contacted the Site manager to escalate the complaint, he had the audacity to blame every third party that was involved and took no responsibility as a "Manager". I have tried on numerous occassions to resolve this matter with Days Inns and their affiliated management group with no success. I take no pleasure in writing this true statement but i have been completely let down and disrespected by Days Inn.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank tonyb7619 .

Travellers are raving about these Chorley hotels

Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Good location along M6 - easy access to good car parking. Excellent reception area and service. Large, comfortable and clean room with everything you need. Good friendly bar and lounge area. Didn't take breakfast, but it looked very good. Lots of outside space, lawns and lanes for a walk. A very enjoyable stay and will use again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Fy16lh
Reviewed 13 May 2014

charged twice ,good job i checked my bank statement..
also was told on the phone the rooms available were £100 when i checked online to find they were £50..not good service ..wont be returning..avoid at all costs ! ! !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Port Hedland, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Very tired, carpet smelt musty, bed not comfortable, basic double bed. not cleaned well, I found crumbs from the previous occupant on the carpet, we stayed for 4 weeks, and they were not removed in all that time. Shower head was old, and inadequate... poor quality.

bed linen was clean, but tiny bedspread which sat on the top of the bed... no over hang!

Overall, a good location, easy to visit most places in the area.

value for money, but wrongly described as Executive!
Reception staff, some friendly some indifferent.. no smiles no real welcome

Room Tip: we were allowed an 'executive' room which has a very tiny chiller. helpful to add extra milk
Ka26 0nl
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times, but we find it more and more difficult to book a disabled room on line this time I gave up and went to the booking agents which was of very little help I explained my husbands difficulty in walking and chest problems and we needed a room near the reception I was assured this would be done, so imagine our feelings on arrival when we were given a room so far from reception it was a route march for my husband who nearly collapsed when we got there I went back to reception to express my anger and a lovely lady called Avril pulled out all the stops and moved things around so we could have the room near reception so thanks to her we will return otherwise we would have looked elsewhere,

Dn21 5tz
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was happy to have found a decent hotel at a reasonable price convenient to where visiting friends to the UK were staying until I encountered the reception staff. I have stayed in many hotels in many countries and UK locations and I can honestly say I have never recieved a frostier welcome. Having been given the key and directions to the room by an unsmiling receptionist (no advice on any sevices available, drinks, refreshmentrs etc - I even had to ask about breakfast!) my two children and I went to our very comfortable and clean room for a good nights sleep and on this I have no complaints. In the morning we found ourselves runing a little late due to a failed alarm on my phone. Upon arriving at the breakfast room at 10 I found half the breakfast was put away and told that they had stopped serving. I understand that we had pushed the time but as I happened to be stood next to a plate of already cooked saausages and bacon I asked for plates so I could give my children some breakfast. I had to ask twice and got very lacklustre responses. What followed was a race to gather a couple of croissants and jam before the waitress managed to scuttle away with them. I then clearly heard the staff shouting to each other about the toast and coffee etc they were preparing for themselves. It seemed to me that sevice was the last thing on their mind. Not many in the trade would turn 6 and 7 year old children away from a paid breakfst when the food was available. 40 minutes later the table was not cleared when we passed so clearly they were not desperate to tidy up either. We then left the keys at reception without recieving any sort of enquiry as to our stay or yet again without a smile - the receptionist barely spoke to my son who cheerily handed her the keys. A great advert I must say!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Premier Inn Chorley North Hotel
Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel
Premier Inn Wigan (M6 Jct 27) Hotel
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Days Inn Charnock Richard M6? Share your experiences!