“Short Stay in Hotel Village”

Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
Reviewed 30 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank jeancV1691TK

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed one night on business and was upgraded to a room in the main hotel which was a pleasant and large room on the first floor.The site I booked through only offeed me a bungalow style room which I had booked but was happier as a woman travelling alone being in the main hotel. The bunalow style rooms I dont think I would have felt so safe in so I appreciated the upgrade.

The bedroom had been recently decorated but the bathroom was quite dated, the sink was cracked the fittings were old and didnt match the standard of the bedroom but was clean and tidy so no real complaints, especially for the money. I had a good nights sleep though no air con so the motorway could be heard at a low level when the window was open.

I used the leisure club for a swim/spa which was again undergoing improvements and you can see how the old and new are sitting side by side, nice welcome and the facilities were quite nice, not top notch quite dated, but you can see theres investment being made.
The same is true around the hotel, it was a theme hotel next to the now closed camelot theme park and really it would be better if the 'theme' signs etc in the courtyard were done away with and a clean slate started as most of the hotel has seen improvements I think.. theres no real need for the cartoon medaevil signage etc it just looks tacky
The breakfast was lovely served buffet style in the restaurant by friendly welcoming staff and the food was of high quality, nice coffee and toast brought to the table...
I will happily stay again if I am in the area due to the lovely staff I have given this a 4 star rating when overall I think its probably about a 3 but its improving in terms of the refurbishments so I felt it deserved higher as the service was so nice

Room Tip: ask for a room in the main hotel or make a point of requesting one when you book through a site if i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had a driving job this evening and was part of 300 kids from a school in Lancaster to the Park Hall hotel. Found it easily, plenty of parking and a pleasant place to sit and kill a few hours. Nothing planned for us there but a quick chat with the general manager and the banqueting manager who we bumped into in the forecourt saw a nice plate of sandwiches and a pot of tea arrive. Well looked after by John (no badge, but badged later ) and access to the wifi in the lobby made for a peaceful and pleasant evening. The staff we encountered (Beth) were both pleasant and responsive so no complaints. I can't vouch for the restaurant or the hotel as we didn't use it, but it can vouch happily for the hospitality (and I readers of my other reviews will know that a sandwich doesn't sway me!)

Liam

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Park Hall Hotel in Chorley and was totally disgusted with the room and the level of service provided.

Firstly, our reason for staying was that my cousin was getting married there and we felt that staying over would mark the start of a lovely weekend. We knew that the hotel had a good reputation and we were looking forward to it.

The wedding was beautiful and, I must admit, the service was fantastic. However, when we returned to the room, we were very disappointed. There was a constant screaming noise that I can only describe as sounding like low pressure in the taps. I couldn't ignore it and it kept me awake.

Eventually, I contacted reception who told me that they didn't provide ear plugs but we would be moved rooms. Not ideal, but at least we moved somewhere quiet.

The bed was very hard and the pillows very uncomfortable (I appreciate that this is a matter of personal taste) and the room was boiling since there was no air conditioning. I achieved only a few hours' sleep.

Returning to our room, we showered but could only achieve a hard jet of water from the shower head. Also, the shower window leaked into a puddle on the bathroom floor.

When I complained on my way out, the Duty manager explained that he'd sent someone up in the morning and they couldn't hear anything. He also said that no one had complained previously and very clearly didn't believe me. I was refunded £20, but I did state that I still thought what I'd paid was too expensive for that room. I was told that that was cheap anywhere for a bed and breakfast and to write in if I still wasn't happy.

My Grandma was also staying at the hotel with my mum as her carer (she's in a wheelchair). She was placed in a room at the far side of the complex from where the wedding was held. Unfortunately, the short cuts were so damaged and destroyed that the wheelchair had to be pushed across the car park to get there.

Within the disabled room, the drop down bar that allowed my grandma to go to the toilet independently (something I believe everyone has the right to do!) had come away from the wall, meaning my mum had to accompany my grandma to the toilet whenever she needed it.

At breakfast, there was no disabled access to the breakfast buffet at all and therefore my grandma could not get her own breakfast,. She had to ask for what she wanted and my mum got it for her. Personally, I think it's disgusting that they haven't made adjustments for wheelchairs. Why shouldn't she be able to choose for herself what she wants?

We definitely will not be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Jeanette4440
Reviewed 24 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in the Cadbury's themed suite in the village complex. The children loved the suite, the entrance door is constructed to look like a giant bar of dairy milk, inside the twin room has Cadbury's headboards and other themed items. Bathroom has a large bath lit underneath with purple lighting and a separate shower cubicle. The main bedroom has a leather sofa and chair with a pull down bed. The accomadation is extremely spacious, the only thing stopping us giving a 5 was that the decor was starting to look a bit tired, I'm sure though that the owners will be on to this in their renovation programme which is well under way. Breakfast was plentiful with eggs cooked to order, full english, cereals, fruit and toast. We used the leisure pool twice, it was clean, warm and included a jacuzzi that the children could use. All of the staff were friendly and welcoming.

To sum up a great value hotel ( £72 for 4 people including breakfast and use of leisure facilities) that is undergoing modernisation. If you want a 5* room then pay 5* prices, if youre on more of a budget give The Park Hotel a try, the pool and breakfast are more than worth it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here with my 3 children in one of the family rooms. When we walked in I was horrified, I thought I'd walked into a scene from Fawlty Towers, door & cupboard handles missing, bedside unit on one side had a broken door, only 2 towels in bathroom on arrival, there were 4 of us staying in the room!!! Decor was diabolical, like something out of the 70's, carpet was covered in stains!!! They certainly don't advertise pics of family rooms on their website, otherwise I wouldn't of booked, main hotel looked stunning, shame they can't bring the chalet style accommodation up to the same scratch! Oh & there were dead flies on both windowsill in living room & the bedroom one, extremely cheap, now I know why. Won't be going back

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jagirl1973
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Thurnham Hall
Thurnham Hall
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!