“Lovely stay , if you avoid breakfast”

Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chorley
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Park Hall in the village for a second time . Rooms are immaculately clean and we didn't hear a sound all night despite there being a concert on . Only problem we had was with breakfast. Queued for half an hour by which time we were too hot and fed up to enjoy it .Also getting a cup of tea was a nightmare. There were lots of (very helpful ) staff but as they were so busy they couldn't keep up with demand. All in all I would visit again

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jane O
John M, Operations Manager at Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your comments ill be looking in to breakfast to ensure the service you received does not happen again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The public areas are well cared for and the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was well appointed and had everything needed but, everything (furniture, fixtures, fittings, carpet, etc) was tired and worn. Breakfast was fast and delicious, but kind of a small portion and an outrageous price at £15 per person. Also, the room at the rack rate is expensive. Definitely worth a stop if you get a good price or if you want to swim.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
John M, Operations Manager at Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank You for your comments we are currently upgraded all our village rooms hope to see you again so you can see the improvements we have carried out

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent accommodation .Room very clean and tidy.
Couldn't fault the staff .All very helpful and cheerful
HOWEVER breakfast was ridiculous .One poor girl serving breakfast and the food kept running out.!!!!! My sister and I queued from 9-20am until 9-50 am just to get to the serving bar.Then my food was put on a freezing cold plate.They had run out of several items of food so 5 plates were under the bar heater waiting for food.By the time my mushrooms had arrived my food was cold
Come on Best Western put some more on staff to serve .At one time there were at least 20+ people queuing for breakfast.
If I stop again I wont pay for breakfast but go round to one of the local pubs who all seem to serve this meal

Room Tip: don't order breakfast !!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review I will be looking into the the breakfast service to see were it can be improved hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel for two nights for a friends wedding.

The hotel is set in nice grounds with a big lake just infront. Beware of the ducks when on the driveway as they just hang about at the side of the road. It appears to be quite a big venue with a number of banqueting suites and there was a few hen parties and a wedding the first night of the stay.

Our room was #225 located on the second floor in the main hotel building. It was right at the end of the corridor so only had neighbours on one side. The room was clean and came with flatscreen TV, bottled water and iron/board. The bed wasn't the best, the mattress was very soft and probably needs throwing out and replacing. You couldn't help but roll into the middle.

We made use of the pool which is located within its own building along with extensive gym/leisure facilities. There didn't seem to be a way to get to the leisure club from within the hotel, so be prepared to walk outside around the corner of the Medieval suite. You need £1 for the lockers.

On Saturday evening after we had been to our friends wedding, at around 2/3am there was constant slamming of doors as people kept going inbetween rooms. We learned the next morning that there had been a 'big rave' that evening and many other guests were discussing the noise whilst at breakfast.

Breakfast was a buffet style with usual continental and cooked range. We got asked if we wanted tea or coffee no less than seven times over the course of breakfast. I'm sure the staff were being thoughtful, but maybe as an indicator we had been asked, the untouched mugs could have been removed. It got a little tedious in the end. However, the cooked range was good quality and the sausages were perfect.

Overall, we had a nice stay and would return to the hotel again. But I would hope to get a firmer, better bed/mattress next time as this let the whole experience down.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhilipH85
Reviewed 5 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Since the theme park has closed this hotel as gone downhill. This use to be a family place however when we stayed there seemed to be 18 and 19 year olds ranting in the bar early hours in the morning. The noise got so bad we left at 3am! has we couldn't get to sleep and we haven't returned since. Cannot fault the staff or service however they are only young would say no more then 16-17 so them not being able to control a rowdy group is understandable.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had good hopes for this place but I felt let down. The hotels location is very unfortunate and as we drove to our car park near the chalets I felt like we were in a war torn place like you see on tv. The road surfaces were shocking. It felt depressing. I know they cant help the fact that the derilict theme park dominates the area...its just a negative for this hotel. The chalet we were given was supposed to be an upgrade...I wouldnt have liked to have seen the original room they were going to give us. The room we had smelled of paint..not good for my sister who has asthma. The carpet was old. I was also surprised to find that the wardrobe is in the steamy bathroom...thats a first. Workmen are still in the chalets and work on Sundays...so expect to see them around at this moment in time.
I ordered a breakfast as we checked in and this came with a free childs breakfast too...but my sister didnt know if they catered for vegetarians so waited till the following morning. She then was charged 15 pounds for a very poor breakfast. The choice was very limited..no sausage in sight...not exactly a full English.
The main part of the hotel had a very strange smell and my nephew wouldnt stay in there for that reason.
The positive side of this hotel was the free use of the swimming pool and spa area. The staff there were lovely and the pool was nice and warm.
I wouldnt recommend this hotel if you were there for longer than 1 night. Its good for a bed to sleep in..but thats about it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank catmad1966
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chorley
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Days Inn Charnock Richard M6
Thurnham Hall
Thurnham Hall
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland

Been to Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!