“Country Pub with Classy Menu”

The Spinners at Cowling
Ranked #4 of 231 Restaurants in Chorley
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The spinners at cowling is a Friendly country pub with panoramic views over looking the Leeds to Liverpool canal. We have a wide range of home cooked meals prepared from the freshest and finest locally sourced produce. The inside has a warm and cosy country feel with a few modern twists and a fantastic snug area with a multi fuel stove which is so warm and homely .The owners Glen and Emma plus their Excecutive chef Steven Miller and his team including second chef and hard working team of waiting on and bar staff that are always friendly and helpful and extremely knowledgeable look to bring your experience at The spinners at cowling a very memorable one. There is an exceptionally large choice on the bar including 2 premium beers two lager's three cask ales, Guinness, cider, and a smooth flow bitter. The back shelf provides a fine single malt whiskey selection plus plenty of fine Cognacs, Vodkas and Rums all ver the world. With a lovely decking area outside.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

It's been many years since I was last in the Spinners, when it was chips, chips and more chips. What a lovely surprise on my visit on Friday evening. A very extensive menu so spoilt for choice. Every diner seemed to be having something different. I ordered the fillet of sea bass and it was cooked to perfection. As were the vegetables. The atmosphere was great. The bar was well stocked and everything sparkled, so well done to the owner, the chefs and all the staff who make this a place you want to return to.

6  Thank wmoiraf
Write a ReviewReviews (1,267)

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Went to this with my wife and in laws. We all enjoyed it. The food was great. My wife had duck that she said was lovely and I had the lasagne that was one of the best I have had. Also good choice of beers on tap. All in all a very enjoyable visit and we will return.

2  Thank 55442steve
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

we called in tonight for a meal with our tired, noisy 2 yr old. felt instantly welcomed and really comfortable. The staff were really friendly and full of smiles :) My partner is a huge lasagne fan and said it was the best he ever tasted!! Will definatly be visiting again, Definatly the nicest pub/restaurant in Chorley

2  Thank jojo610
Reviewed 29 May 2014

When I last visited the Spinners I wasn't very impressed as it was dark and dreary, BUT, my brother and his partner took me for a birthday treat the other day and I was really impressed, The decor is now light and comfortable looking with new tables. The waitresses were spot on, the food was really tasty and plenty of it. My only gripe is, I had to wait sometime for my dessert. All in all I would visit the Spinners again

1  Thank tinkerbell471
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We ate here mid-day, everyone choosing a fish-dish. The service was friendly and efficient, and the food excellent: they certainly know how to cook fish (a rare skill)! All meals came with a side-dish of fresh seasonal vegetables, again, perfectly cooked. Thoroughly recommended.