“Great resturant”

Little Hong Kong
Ranked #29 of 218 Restaurants in Chorley
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Having first opened our doors in May 2012, this year, 1 week before our 2 year anniversary, a fire broke out and destroyed our restaurant completely. Luckily nobody was hurt and since then we have worked hard to rebuild a bigger and better LHK. With the help of the local community, friends and loyal customers we now have an all new dining experience we can share with you. We opened our doors again on 12th November 2014, just 6 months after the fire! Thank you to everyone for their kind wishes! A beautiful and modern yet relaxing restaurant offering delicious oriental cuisine, using the finest and freshest ingredients. Situated above the Dressers Arms pub in Wheelton, Chorley. Open Mon, Wed-Sun. We hope you come and see us soon!
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great food, great service,beautiful setting. So sorry to hear what happened. We wish you all the luck and gods speed in the rebuild. We all meed that top Chinese resturant back in business.

2  Thank Graham R

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

5 of us went for my wife's birthday and had a really great time. The food was really tasty and we all loved it.

They lost a star because the female waitress was absolutely miserable. We have experienced her charms twice now; so I think she is just like this!

1  Thank MichaelMiggy10
Reviewed 12 April 2014

First visit and was not disappointed. Relaxed environment and friendly attentive staff. Chose the meal for 2 hungrey dragon selection. Hot and sour soup full of veg and prawns. Great platter of varied starters. Sizzerling beef tender and flavoursome. Chicken sweet and sour with just the right amount of pinapple and crisp red pepper to make it tasty. Will return.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Well Little Hong Kong saved my birthday meal. I was let down on the night of my birthday for a table of 16 on a thursday. I rang Little Hong Kong and they could fit us in, they provided us with excellent service throughout the night making us all feel very comfortable and welcome. This was our first visit and we wasn't let down. On previous reviews somebody stated about the waitress being moody but once we spoke to her she was actually very happy and interactive with our young son, maybe people shouldn't judge a book by its cover!

The food was superb! We had a wide range of dishes throughout the table and not one bit was left! The food had plenty of taste, was presented lovely and was a large serving. The prices aren't bad either you pay slightly more on some dishes but is made up for in the quality of meat. My personal favourite was the beef curry. The atmosphere was pleasent wasn't to loud or quite which made it a friendly environment, even though there was 5 children in our party we didn't have a problem like we have at previous restraunts, one of the waiters even made a bird out of paper for my son!

Overall this was an enjoyable birthday and we will definetly be visting again soon and I would definetly recommend to my friends.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Visited last night after reading the reviews as they make it sound like you cannot go wrong here ???
Did get seated straight away as we had booked a few days in advance and the male waiter was very friendly.The restaurant inside is modern and clean.
We all had a starter then main meals and all portions were rather big but all lacked the depth of taste/flavour that we had expected from the rave reviews?
Firstly can I say the male waiting staff were polite ,friendly and professional.
Our main issue was with our waitress,she was god damn miserable to say the least,she had a face like a smacked "bottom" all the time she served us , it made us all feel unwelcome and very very uncomfortable . We tried to engage her and have a laugh but it all fell onto a dead stare with no emotion whatsoever , it spoilt the whole atmosphere at our table and we could not wait to leave .
I decided I fancied a banana fritter but when she told me with her cold miserable face that it would be a 20 minute wait ( with no form of apology) I declined , swiftly got the bill of £130 and got out quick!
With the combination of just average food and "Mrs miserable" we shall not be returning or recommending this restaurant which is a shame as we are all "foodies" and this place is pretty local to us all and we like to promote local business's.
Management seriously think about training certain members of staff to smile and make your customers feel welcome at the very least , just cannot express how much your waitress spoilt our evening.

2  Thank 8966deborah