Had a room in the annex (208) which was large modern and with a new bathroom. All you would expect from a 4 star function/conference hotel.
Zip locked Twin/Double Bed.
Large TV with main freeview channels and other language channels.
Iron and Ironing Board in Room + Trouser Press.
Kettle and quality drinks and cookies.
Wifi - No signal picked up in room so could not use my ipad
The hotel is geared up for Weddings and celebrations which they do very well. There is also a Spa and well being center which offers all the usual treatments and a decent indoor pool.
Restaurant offers a small menu of mostly "old skool " style food such as battered Haddock, mushy peas and chips. Three course evening meals start from about £22. Breakfast is quality with a good selection of full English and assorted cold items.
All in all a pleasant hotel that lives up to the 4 star rating. The building is lovely as are the grounds. Staff were very pleasant, service was friendly without being too intrusive. Would stay again. Priced as expected for a double for single use neither expensive nor best value, about right though. I paid £75 per night room only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa is situated in 17 acres of parkland. Combining a traditional setting with modern technology, our hotel offers both an enjoyable weekend getaway, or facilities for business meetings & conferences. Also featuring a luxury spa, with 8 beauty suites, & Cameo Restaurant & Bar, a relaxed dining experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel Clayton Le Moors
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel And Spa
- Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa Clayton-Le-Moors, Lancashire, UK