“Relaxing Environment”

Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I spent 4 hours in the Spa area which includes Heated Pool, Sauna/Steam Rooms, Bio Thermal and revitalisation areas as well as a Jacuzzi. Very nice and relaxing environment and is a good place for people to relax or somewhere to go if you feel you need a break.. You come out feeling very refreshed. Worth spending a few hours here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
h6617_dm, General Manager at Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your comments are appreciated. I hope you will visit again in the future
Yours sincerely

There are newer reviews for Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed for one night's dinner, bed and breakfast spa package and were very impressed. The building, a 700 year old castle is breath-taking. The grounds are beautiful. The rooms are pristine. The food is gorgeous and the spa treatments and amenities are wonderful. However the main factor to this hotel is its warm and friendly staff. I can't remember all of their names but a special mention to manager, Andy for moving us, Amy on reception and Nick in the bar recounting us with the fascinating tale of Lucietta, the heartbroken ghost who often shows up around Xmas time. Nick should have a special role in the hotel as his local knowledge is brilliant. Also the young girl in the spa who did my massage, sorry I can't remember your name but you were very professional and friendly too. Thank you Dunkenhalgh for a relaxing and extremely enjoyable time. We will be back!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TraceyJ17
h6617_dm, Manager at Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your comments are appreciated. I will share them with the team. I hope to see you back at the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here as we was going to a friends wedding reception on Friday 16th May. The hotel grounds are beautiful and the rooms are lovely and clean. The staff are friendly. We ate in the hotel restaurant which was very nice. After the evening was over we headed back to the room around 1 am and we was in the courtyard rooms near the back of the hotel.Room 62 I think. My boyfriend was pretty drunk so he fell asleep straight away, and I couldn't because all I could hear outside the room front and bad was noise from workers either delivering things to the hotel. Slamming things down on the floor of what sounded like beer canisters if thats what they are called.This went on until 230/3am into the Saturday morning.Which was not good at all. Unfortunately I could not leave my comments when checking out as there was no staff there to check out with so I did express check out. Other than this I can't fault the hotel and would stay again but not in thats room area again. The rate for the room was very reasonable. Enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the courtyard at the back as this is where the staff had some kind of deliveries or w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. However I was a little disappointed to hear that there was noise throughout the night. I know where the problems arose. The de-rigging of one of our event rooms was the cause of the noise you report. I will follow up with the contractor to ensure more thought is given to the timing and the noise that is created. Thank you for providing feedback
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed with a terrific coach holiday company, Eclipse Breaks, and can honestly say this hotel was a delight to stay in. Set in beautiful surroundings, with large bedrooms and extremely comfortable beds too. The food was great from evening meal to breakfast next day, and the staff were so attentive and very hard working indeed. Very impressed, and hope to return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
h6617_dm, General Manager at Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for ptroviding feedback. Your comments are appreciated and I hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This magnificent hotel has a nice long driveway but the wrong satnav location; turn left instead of right at the junction. It was quite a long walk to the restaurant from the room, but along the way there is plenty to see from the panelling to the furnishings and the views of the gardens. It was a great pleasure to make that journey each time. On arrival: Greeted appropriately and felt welcomed. The room: Really pleasant and comfortable, but the door on the verandah downstairs kept going thud each time a customer walked through it. The shower was powerful, not quite enough to stick you to the wall, but almost. The toilet seat was loose; my pet hate for borrowed toilets. The food: Was poncy and too small, but there is a fine Chinese takeaway about 15 minutes walk into Rishton. Would I stay again: Most definitely yes. Spa and stuff: This bit would have cost extra but work had tired me beyond using it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for providing feedback. I am pleased that you had a positive experience. I will follow up your commetns in regards to the toilet seat and the food with the relevant personnel. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here 3 times now and always treated in a nice friendly way. Rooms are nice and spacious and are not hot and stuffy like most modern hotels. As such I always get a good nights sleep. The food in the restaurant is very good, although I eat in the bar on this occasion which was a bit bland. All in all though a good hotel

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for providing feedback. Your comments are appreciated and I will share them with the team. I hope that you will join us again in the future

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This venue looks beautiful from the brochures and on first arrival, but beware - it is a wedding 'factory'.
We attended what should have been a fantastic day, but it was marred by the fact that there were three weddings occuring simultaneously on the same day. Possibly a different experience if you secure the setting at the front of the hotel, but our party was relegated to a 'courtyard' at the back of the hotel.
The wedding was 'scheduled' by a rude wedding manager who seemed determined that our party was corralled in this area, lest we wander and disturb the other weddings. Perhaps this was why he was so rude - having to manage three weddings at once?
The message is simple: do not consider booking your wedding here! Choose a venue where you have exclusivity, there are so many better options than this awful place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pardelote
h6617_dm, General Manager at Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Much of this review is completely inaccurate and not a true reflection of the events. The feedback we receive from our weddings is very good. The review is factually incorrect.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton-le-Moors
Foxfields Country Hotel
#3 of 3 in Clayton-le-Moors
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf

Been to Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!