Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sparth House Hotel(Clayton-le-Moors)
US$88
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Burnley(Burnley)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Holiday Inn Express Burnley(Burnley)(Great Value!)
The Maple Lodge(Clayton-le-Moors)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,593 results
All reviewssteam roomthe main hotelthermal suiteprivilege roomleisure facilitiescourtyard roomevening mealfollowing morningmy partnerwedding venuebar pricesenjoyable staytwo night stayfood was lovelycouldn't faultlast weekendgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

From the moment we checked in and were greeted by the lovely Sarah Jefferson at reception we had a thoroughly fantastic stay. Our room was in the courtyard which was beautiful, the food we had in the restaurant in the evening was delicious. The spa facilities were great the staff again were lovely in particular Nikki on reception and we each had two treatments which were wonderful, so relaxing. We enjoyed it so much we have already booked to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashlea E
h6617_dm, General Manager at Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for providing feedback. Your comments are very much appreciated. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hotel is lovely and clean, food and drink is a little expensive although was very nice. On arrival our room wasn't ready and was offered a free drink in the bar as compensation. Only had to wait 20 minutes and retrieved our case back from the store room and shown to an executive suite room. The whole room was well sized and functional. Bed was lovely fresh and very comfortable, the towels are huge! The view was fantastic looking out over fields (room 511) wifi worked throughout the building. All of the staff had a note that we had gone to celebrate our anniversary and congratulated us, including glass of sparkling something! Breakfast was very good and although we didnt like the table choice we had been first given, it was no issue to ask and moved to a different one (first table was close to an open door and was cold). In the restaurant we enjoyed a starter and main, with a bottle of wine and the bill was £97. Although expensive it was lush and enjoyed the lot! Two weddings on a Friday night and another one Saturday did mean that the hotel its self was fully booked and extremely busy, but all of the staff didnt rush you and gave us the time and attention you needed. Thank you Dunkenhalgh, we will be back.. If I was to suggest improving anything it would be to have soft close room doors rather than toilet seats! Lol, been awoken by most people going for breakfast along the corridors when their room doors walloped shut! Friday 08/08/14.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C
h6617_dm, General Manager at Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for providing feedback. Your comments are appreciated. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel itself was good. Welcoming reception, room more than adequate, and breakfast was filing. Bar prices for draught products are about 30% above pub prices which for a hotel is acceptable. However single 25ml of vodka at £3.90 (approx. double pub prices) I thought was a rip-off.

If the occasion arose I would stay there again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham B
h6617_dm, General Manager at Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are appreciated. We are constantly reviewing both our quality of service and the value for money offered. I will bear your comments in mind when we next look at the bar tariff. I am pleased that you would return to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend of the 26th July. The room itself was very nice but the furthest it could be from the actual hotel (it was in with the business suites in a new bit of the building). Friends who were also staying here but had booked up much later had a room in the house, although this was apparently a very hot room.

The biggest problem was the number of events being held throughout the weekend. It felt that we were always traipsing through someone else's party, which was quite embarrassing (these events are held in the middle of the hotel and the only way of avoiding them is to go around the outside of the building which I don't think is acceptable for the amount of money we were paying (I am sure that these functions bring in money too but it is not good to feel like a second class citizen in a hotel that cost you £250 for the weekend).

The worst part though was that on Saturday night a wedding went on to 1am and on Sunday some record company/music thing went on to 2am! The bass and general noise from these events could easily be heard in the rooms making it difficult to sleep. Considering I had a long drive both to and from the hotel to get home, this was not what I really needed. This was not the relaxing get away that you expect from a spa hotel. Overall I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike H

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I was disappointed to hear that you had not fully enjoyed your stay. The hotel is a busy hotel with events and conferences going on througout the week. The Spa facilities are away from the main function areas. Your room should have been allocated a little bit closer to the Spa to avoid the functions that were taking place. I am sorry that you were not fully able to relax during your stay.
If you would like to discuss in further detail, please contact me personally at the hotel
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have just returned home after having spent 2 nights at the Dunkenhalgh, I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
I probably would not have given this hotel a second look, had I of read the reviews on here ??
I arrived pretty late in the evening and was checked in by Andy. Andy could not have been anymore helpful and attentive if he tried,he even took the trouble to walk me to the area I needed to be in to find my room.I noticed on the way to my room that one of the main function rooms was laid out for wedding It was so beautifully done and I was most Impressed. The room I stayed in was very nicely done, spotlessly clean, very comfortable bed and lovely crisp linen, smelled nice and had complimentary drinks. The bathroom was very nice again spotlessly clean, plenty of towels, great lighting. I have no complaints what so ever it met all of my expectations and more... At breakfast I was met by very friendly and attentive staff.I was shown to my table and offered a hot drink and toast and it was explained to me how the breakfast buffet worked. The food was incredible very high quality a large selection of hot bacon,sausage,black pudding,mushrooms,beans,scrambled egg, fried egg,hash browns. It was self serve and you could have as much as you wanted. Also on offer was a very large selection of fruit peaches,pears,grapefruit,melon etc, also a selection of cheeses. There was a cereal bar with many different cereals. A section of freshly baked bread,croissants,muffins, danish pastries.At least 6 or 7 large jugs of assorted fruit juice.The breakfast serving staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them.I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Dunkenhalgh so much so that I have booked 3 nights in October for when I attend my Daughters graduation ceremony. I usually always look at trip advisor reviews when choosing a hotel, this just goes to show you cannot always believe what you read !!! If you search hard enough you will always find a fault wherever you stay be it a Premier Inn or The Ritz.. A very big thank you going out to everyone at the Dunkenhalgh and I very much look forward to returning in October.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Taylors152

Dear Guest
Thank you for providing feedback. It is always pleasing to hear that we are making guests happy. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your time with us. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future
Ivan Lycnh