US$89
Book now, pay at stay
US$111
US$100
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$93
US$80
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

US$85
US$83
US$400
The Avenue Hotel at Brockhall(Langho)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Burnley(Burnley)(Great Value!)
US$66
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

All reviewswedding venuebridal suitewedding planningreception roomchristmas partypatefamily mealwonderful weddingstaff went out of their wayfull englishnight porteran overnight stayfour poster bedlittle gemlovely roomfollowing morningcouple of nights
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We booked our wedding at Sparth house on the 23rd March 2013 and experienced a fantastic day! The venue was both pretty and relatively intimate for a fun filled family wedding. Perhaps the strength of this venue is the management from Lesley Anne who catered to our every need from start to finish. Nothing was too much trouble! Thank you Sparth House!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you Angela for your lovely review & I am glad to hear you had a fantastic day and it was a pleasure to be able to share it with you all, I will pass your praise onto the staff.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

went for lunch to sample the new lunch time menu with quite high expectations. We ordered a soft drink upon arrival..diet coke for my friends & soda water for myself, all arrived flat. We told the bar lady she apologised and said they were having trouble with the gas, fair enough it happens so we waited & waited for quite a while when they said they couldn't resolve the issue so would we like a bottle?? well yes please actually. we ordered our food I ordered Gammon accompanied by chips & peas. The gammon was so tough I could have soled my shoes with it and had to ask for a steak knife, the chips were lousy & how you can ruin peas I don't know. If I had served this up to my family they would have thought I had sneaked out for a few cheeky ones in the afternoon...simply abysmal

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taylorgc
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to us. Unfortunately upon your visit there was a problem with our gas system for our soft drinks we had phoned for an engineer to visit but they had not shown up by the time of your arrival.
It also saddens me to hear that you did not enjoy your food had you of mentioned this when a member of staff would of checked back with your party we could of rectified the situation and hopefully you would of left happy. But unfortunately on this occasion you were not willing to do so.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Although we never go on these sites we had to write this review to say what an amazing night we had on Friday night at Sparth House.
Although we live a short car journey away we decided to book a room as we liked the idea of only having to walk upstairs at the end of the night. First impressions were good a lovely friendly hotel and the staff could not do enough for you.
We stayed in room 27 which was a lovely room very modern but still in keeping with the hotel, we slept very well and would definately ask for that room when we stay again.
The Party Night was fantastic, we were with our work collegues who all commented what a good night they had, the food, entertainment and staff were great they never stopped running round all night.
All in all this is a lovely hotel and the staff are an absolute credit to the place and we will definately be back soon.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 27 when booking
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Many thanks for your lovely review, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

This was the venue for our Christmas office party.
Some of us stayed the night. The first impression was poor. The carpet in the main bar was dirty with stains. The drinks on offer were largely keg lagers and beers. The staff were sullen and unhelpful

The food was awful. Not one course was worthy of a compliment. Mass catering at its worst.
Rooms were down at heel, light bulbs missing etc. it seemed no one cared any more.
We won't be returning

• Stayed: December 2012
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Many thanks for your review, At Sparth House Hotel we welcome all feedback whether it be negative or positive and I can asure you that all your comments have been taken on board.
It saddens me to hear that you did not enjoy your office party with us and that you will not be returning it also saddens me that although during your dinner & also upon check out you would of been asked if everything was satisfactory with your visit you never voiced any concerns giving us chance so that we could of rectified the situation.
At Sparth House hotel we have 3 bars in which are all stocked with the usual choices of Keg & bottled beers, we have a more than ample wine list as well as a large variety of sprits & mixers. I was saddened to hear that you were not happy with the staff also that evening which does come shock as the staff are constantly encouraged to interact with customers and I am always hearing praise from customers about our team.
Unfortunately the carpet within the bar area can not always be kept as clean as we would like with it being the main pedestrial area of the hotel but we do our best and are constanly shampooing the carpet to keep it clean.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

This is the second time that I have stayed here as a solo guest. I booked a room in the main part of the hotel and was pleased to discover that I had been put in to the very large room at the front of the hotel, (shown in the 'professional photos' part of this site). This was a bonus as I had two under 10 year old family members visiting on one day and they had plenty of space to play in. The bathroom again was very large, an unusual feature being a mirror almost the length of one wall by the bath!
The dinings room(s) have been refurbished since my last stay and are very nice indeed. Decorated in a contemorary style but still cosy. I treated myself to a cooked breakfast each day and it was cracking. You will not need to have a lunch after having breakfast here. Well cooked food, and a lot of it. The breakfast staff were also very pleasant and helpful. On two evenings I had an evening meal, I choose to dine in the bar area purely as the restaurant was quiet. I was still offered a choice of a la carte or set menu and a small list of specials. On both nights the food again was very nice and the portions ample. The bar area itself is decorated in a faux library style giving it a more intimate feel, with a mixture of comfy sofas and more formal chairs and tables so that you can dine easily.
All in all a nice little hotel, the staff are friendly and always have a genuine smile on thier faces, the prices are fair and the food tasty. It's no Savoy, there again its no faceless/characterless Premiere lodge etc etc either. What I can say is the next time I'm up North, I'll be booking in here for sure.

Room Tip: The smaller rooms are above the function suite so can be noisy. The rooms in the main building on the the top floor are the quietest but as stairs only, they may not suit those with mobility problems.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for your lovely review and glad to hear that you will be returning to see us in the near future.