Free cancellation until 28/07
US$89
US$79
Priceline
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

US$318
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$359/night.

The Avenue Hotel at Brockhall(Langho)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$77
Hotels.com
PremierInn.com
US$78
Rosehill House Hotel(Burnley)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$75
Orbitz.com
PremierInn.com
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$163
US$159
Hotels.com
All reviewswedding venuebridal suitewedding planningreception roomchristmas partypatefamily mealwonderful weddingstaff went out of their wayfull englishnight porteran overnight stayfour poster bedlittle gemlovely roomfollowing morningcouple of nights
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We decided to stay at the Sparth House while attending an event at the home of a family member who didn't have the room to put us up. Thank goodness they didn't or we would never have come across this little gem of a hotel. We had decided to make a weekend of it and stay two nights, booking a meal in the restaurant for our first night. The menu was excellent and the food delicious and obviously cooked freshly to order. The service was excellent, despite the restaurant being busy and there was a lovey ambience. We moved to the bar following our meal and spent an enjoyabe couple of hours sampling some lovely wines and chatting with staff and various other guests. The decor is a bit tired, but the building is beautiful and has such delightful original features that it just needs someone with a bit of imagination to restore it to it's original elegance. Our room was clean and comfortable, if in need of a little updating and we enjoyed a delicious breakfast both mornings of our stay. Having chatted with some other guests about the nearby Ribble Valley, we will certainly be back to stay at this delightful hotel as we explore a beautiful part of the country hitherto unfamiliar to us. Many thanks to the Sparth House and it's staff, we'll be back soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Many thanks for taking to write your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us & will pass on your praise to the staff which is much appreciated. As you are aware Sparth House Hotel is a 16th Century building and although we try to keep with modern trends we feel that it is important not the lose the character of the hotel. I can confirm we are planning some refurbishments within the New Year so there may well be changes on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here for business for two days, the first night was so cold I had to wear all of my clothes to keep warm.
To their credit, they did move me to another room the following night that actually had working heating.
However, both rooms appeared very dirty, there were cobwebs in the bathrooms and in the bath some very suspect looking hairs. It made me wonder what else they had not cleaned.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank EPF11
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Many thanks for taking time to write your review. Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us & wont be returning. We have taken your comments on board and they will be looked into. Here at Sparth House we do our best to accommodate all guests needs and did move you rooms when you mentioned you were cold.
It saddens me that you failed to mention your other worries upon check out as I personally asked was your stay satisfactory to which you replied yes. I only wish you had mentioned your concerns & given us chance you rectify these & hopefully you would of left happy.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I recently attended a friends wedding here and just wanted to express what a fantastic day and evening it was. The place itself is really beautiful especially the outside area and the food we had was fantastic. The staff were superb and really made the day especially the assistant manager Damien who was extremely friendly and hardworking. I will definitely be returning for either a meal or an overnight stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank claire b
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Many thanks for your lovely review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to us & I will pass on your praise :)

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We decided to book my engagement part here, after we having afternoon tea a few times and the deco was classy, yet modern with a beautiful edge to it. The staff really could not do enough for us and our guests. Lesley Ann kept us informed of when food was being served and was really helpful. The whole day was fantastic and it really could not have gone any better. Thank you so much to all the staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emily b
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Many thanks for your lovely review & I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. I will be sure to pass on your praise.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I had my wedding here on Saturday 11thMay 2013 and had a fabulous day, if anything it went far too quickly. Lesley Ann is a credit to this hotel, on the run up she was fantastic, with great communication, she was incredibly helpful throughout. On the day I was met by Lesley Ann at the main doors, and believe me I needed her calming influence. I knew the room would look fabulous, and it did. We had made all our decorations and they were placed beautifully out the room. On the day we had many compliments about the helpful staff and how smoothly the wedding breakfast had run ( this was purely the staff who were very efficient) , the food and wine flowed wonderfully. As a bride I didn't want to drink too much during the day, I had mentioned bucks fizz to Lesley Ann prior to my big day and she put this on especially for me, which was super and a lovel touch. I have had rave reviews about the food especially the sticky toffee pudding. All in all the day was fabulous, the hotel was great with a fantastic recently decorated bridal suite and other rooms which are modern but in keeping with the place, and lastly the staff are a credit to the place, Lesley Ann in particular. I am already trying to twist my new husbands arm for a renewal in a years time. So I can go back and o it all again, if not I shall return for at least an overnight stay and a lovely meal. This place is a hidden gem!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joanne M
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your day. I am going to miss our little meetings :( take care & all the best for the future.

LA x