“Another Fantastic New Years Eve!!!!!”
Review of Sparth House Hotel

Sparth House Hotel
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This year was our 4th visit to the Sparth for New year and we will be back again. We were in the family room as we have a young boy and he thoroughly enjoyed it as well.The service & staff were excellent as always very welcoming and always make an effort to come over to speak and wish you a Happy New Year which is nice. The bagpiper at midnight is a nice touch and we have now seen him every year as well as some regulars that seem to go here every New Year.
My only complaint I have was a gentleman on the table across the room he felt the need to complain very loudly to the manager in front of all the other guests which was extremely rude and to be honest he started to spoil it for every one else so when they left everybody seemed happier.
Thank you again to everyone at Sparth House, keep up the good work and we will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your New Years Eve with us again and hope to see you at our next New Year party. I will pass on your praise to the staff as it will be much appreciated and I can only apologise for the disruption caused by the other table, I hope they did not ruin your evening too much to stop you from visiting us again.

There are newer reviews for Sparth House Hotel

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Haven't actually stayed here but went as a guest at a wedding and reception.
Everything went meticulously well. The food at the reception was very good and plentiful.
Everyone in the large party seemed delighted with the occasion.I can recommend this venue though the parking can get a bit stretched.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank robin w

Many thanks for your review we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and we hope to welcome you back to Sparth House Hotel soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Amazing day we had at sparth house , as we've had the last few times too , the food was nice & hot & tasty , drinks where reasonable , & the staff & management can't do enough for you !! Would recommend to anybody :))

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharwoods
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Many thanks for your lovely review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your praise to the staff & we hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We decided to stay at the Sparth House while attending an event at the home of a family member who didn't have the room to put us up. Thank goodness they didn't or we would never have come across this little gem of a hotel. We had decided to make a weekend of it and stay two nights, booking a meal in the restaurant for our first night. The menu was excellent and the food delicious and obviously cooked freshly to order. The service was excellent, despite the restaurant being busy and there was a lovey ambience. We moved to the bar following our meal and spent an enjoyabe couple of hours sampling some lovely wines and chatting with staff and various other guests. The decor is a bit tired, but the building is beautiful and has such delightful original features that it just needs someone with a bit of imagination to restore it to it's original elegance. Our room was clean and comfortable, if in need of a little updating and we enjoyed a delicious breakfast both mornings of our stay. Having chatted with some other guests about the nearby Ribble Valley, we will certainly be back to stay at this delightful hotel as we explore a beautiful part of the country hitherto unfamiliar to us. Many thanks to the Sparth House and it's staff, we'll be back soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Many thanks for taking to write your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us & will pass on your praise to the staff which is much appreciated. As you are aware Sparth House Hotel is a 16th Century building and although we try to keep with modern trends we feel that it is important not the lose the character of the hotel. I can confirm we are planning some refurbishments within the New Year so there may well be changes on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here for business for two days, the first night was so cold I had to wear all of my clothes to keep warm.
To their credit, they did move me to another room the following night that actually had working heating.
However, both rooms appeared very dirty, there were cobwebs in the bathrooms and in the bath some very suspect looking hairs. It made me wonder what else they had not cleaned.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank EPF11
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Many thanks for taking time to write your review. Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us & wont be returning. We have taken your comments on board and they will be looked into. Here at Sparth House we do our best to accommodate all guests needs and did move you rooms when you mentioned you were cold.
It saddens me that you failed to mention your other worries upon check out as I personally asked was your stay satisfactory to which you replied yes. I only wish you had mentioned your concerns & given us chance you rectify these & hopefully you would of left happy.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I recently attended a friends wedding here and just wanted to express what a fantastic day and evening it was. The place itself is really beautiful especially the outside area and the food we had was fantastic. The staff were superb and really made the day especially the assistant manager Damien who was extremely friendly and hardworking. I will definitely be returning for either a meal or an overnight stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank claire b
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Many thanks for your lovely review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit to us & I will pass on your praise :)

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We decided to book my engagement part here, after we having afternoon tea a few times and the deco was classy, yet modern with a beautiful edge to it. The staff really could not do enough for us and our guests. Lesley Ann kept us informed of when food was being served and was really helpful. The whole day was fantastic and it really could not have gone any better. Thank you so much to all the staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emily b
Sparthhouse H, General Manager at Sparth House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Many thanks for your lovely review & I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit. I will be sure to pass on your praise.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton-le-Moors
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
#1 of 3 in Langho
Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf
Stanley House Hotel & Spa
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel

Been to Sparth House Hotel? Share your experiences!